This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This golden turmeric cauliflower is a healthy and versatile side dish. Bite-sized cauliflower florets are seasoned with turmeric, ginger, and a little chili, then topped with a squeeze of lemon. It's super easy to make, and it's ready in 45 minutes!
Table of contents
Cauliflower has been having its heyday, and we're absolutely on board! It's such a versatile vegetable that's crazy healthy and manages to absorb whatever seasoning or sauce it's prepared with.
This turmeric roasted cauliflower recipe couldn't be easier to make. Once your cauliflower is chopped up into bite-sized pieces, toss it with olive oil and spices and roast it with lemon slices until it's golden and crispy. Squeeze the roasted lemons over top and serve with fresh cilantro.
Roasting the cauliflower brings out its sweetness, while the spices give it a mild curry flavor, and the lemon and cilantro make everything pop!
It's an easy side dish that's perfect for weeknights and for weekly meal prep, too. It is super versatile and tastes incredible on its own, as a side, in a grain bowl, or tucked into a wrap.
Turmeric cauliflower ingredients
This healthy roasted cauliflower recipe is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Here's what you need:
- Cauliflower – we cut a large head of cauliflower into equal-sized florets.
- Olive oil – be generous with the olive oil because it helps the cauliflower get nice and crispy. You can also use coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Seasonings – we used a savory combination of ground turmeric, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper, and ground ginger. You could easily add other spices like cumin or garlic, too.
- Lemon – roasting the lemons with the cauliflower not only warms them up which is nice for hot food, but also gives them a char and helps them to release their juices.
- Cilantro – cilantro adds a pop of bright green color and fresh flavor. You could also use parsley if you prefer.
How to make turmeric cauliflower
This easy-to-make turmeric cauliflower recipe is healthy and super versatile, too! Here's how to make it in just three simple steps:
- While your oven preheats, prepare your baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Toss the cauliflower florets with the olive oil and all of the spices in a large bowl until everything is well coated.
- Spread the florets out evenly on your baking sheet, and pop them in the oven. Halfway through, turn the cauliflower and add the lemon slices. Roast until the cauliflower edges are golden brown and crispy.
- To serve, squeeze roasted lemon juice overtop and sprinkle with cilantro.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Tips for making the best turmeric roasted cauliflower
Turmeric cauliflower is simple to make. You can even eyeball the ingredients because it's not a recipe where you need to be precise, but here are a few tips to remember:
- Make sure the cauliflower is well-coated in olive oil. It helps it to brown and get crispy.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat for easy cleanup.
- Cut the florets into equal sizes to ensure they cook evenly and thoroughly.
- Don't overload the baking sheet! You want to make sure there is space between the cauliflower florets so they roast instead of steam.
Is turmeric cauliflower healthy?
Yes! Cauliflower is a super healthy vegetable that's both high in fiber and antioxidants. Plus, the health benefits of turmeric are well-studied as being a potent anti-inflammatory.
How long does it keep in the fridge?
Leftover turmeric cauliflower will keep in the fridge in a sealed container for 3-4 days.
Can I make it ahead of time?
Definitely! This is a great recipe for meal prep because you can store it in the fridge and add it to salads, bowls, or sandwiches all week long!
What to serve with turmeric roasted cauliflower
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this simple roasted turmeric cauliflower. Here are some of our favorite ways to eat it:
- Added to grain bowls or salads.
- Tucked into a wrap with hummus, chickpeas, and fresh greens.
- As a topping on pizza with caramelized onions.
- As a simple side dish alongside a protein main.
- We even enjoy it warm or cold as a snack!
Healthy Turmeric Recipes
More tasty cauliflower recipes
- 1 large head of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and chili powder
- ½ teaspoon EACH: black pepper and ground ginger
- 1 lemon (cut into ½-inch slices)
- Cilantro (to serve)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle the turmeric, sea salt, chili powder, black pepper, and ginger over top and toss so everything is well coated.1 large head of cauliflower, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon ground turmeric, 1 teaspoon EACH: sea salt and chili powder, ½ teaspoon EACH: black pepper and ground ginger
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning halfway. At the halfway mark (after 20 minutes) add the lemon slices to the baking sheet.1 lemon
- Serve the turmeric cauliflower with the roasted lemons squeezed over top and a little cilantro.Cilantro
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.