This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cauliflower Popcorn is our family's favorite popcorn topping on top of roasted cauliflower. It's a healthy and low-carb snack/appetizer that you won't be able to stop eating.
We've just turned cauliflower into popcorn! Which is either genius or sacrilegious. While the cauliflower obviously doesn't have the crunch we expect from popcorn, the flavor is amazing. And since it tastes just like the popcorn we always make, we're ok calling it cauliflower popcorn.
What is so special about cauliflower popcorn
- The spicy buttery sauce is so delicious.
- Two types of hot sauce make it extra tasty. We've got sriracha AND a vinegary hot sauce like Tapatio or Frank's.
- Nutritional yeast adds a cheese-like flavor.
- Bite-sized niblets made for snacking.
- Healthy snacking that we can all feel good about eating.
Whether you're watching a movie, hosting a Super Bowl party, or just feel like munching, these little cauliflower bites will hit the spot.
How to make this sriracha cauliflower popcorn recipe
- Melt a little butter then mix in sriracha, hot sauce, paprika, and salt. ← Yes, we use two types of hot sauce for the best flavor!
- Pour this spicy butter over the cauliflower then put it into your oven to roast.
- When it's tender with lots of dark spots, take it out and generously sprinkle nutritional yeast over the top.
That's it! You've just made yourself a healthy, popcorn-like treat!
Favorite party appetizers
This faux popcorn is great to serve at a party. You may want to have some toothpicks beside them so people don't end up with ‘popcorn fingers'.
Here are a few other great recipes that are party-approved:
- Bacon Guacamole with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
- Lazy Deviled Eggs
- Tzatziki Avocado Salmon Rolls
- Easy Marinated Olives
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Sweet Hoisin Meatballs
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Healthy Cauliflower Recipes
- Cheesy Irish Cheddar Cauliflower
- Golden Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- Skinny Bang Bang Cauliflower
- Curried Lime Cauliflower Bites with Curry Mayo
- Lemon Parmesan Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 large head of cauliflower (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 tablespoons butter (dairy-free, if needed)
- ½ teaspoon each: sriracha and hot sauce (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon paprika and salt
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower on a large baking sheet.1 large head of cauliflower
- Melt the butter then stir in the sriracha, hot sauce, paprika, and salt. Pour this over the cauliflower and mix to coat.2 tablespoons butter, ½ teaspoon each: sriracha and hot sauce, ½ teaspoon paprika and salt
- Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Sprinkle the nutritional yeast over the roasted cauliflower and toss to coat. Serve right away.⅓ cup nutritional yeast
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.