This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These cauliflower bites with curry mayo are the perfect laid-back party appetizer. Bite-sized pieces of cauliflower are dusted in curry spices then roasted until golden, and served with a curry mayo dip. It's an easy cauliflower appetizer, and it's ready in just 40 minutes!
Spice things up with these easy yet delicious curried cauliflower bites. Bite-size cauliflower florets are coated in a flavorful mix of curry spices, cooked until crispy, then served with curry mayo.
They're similar to cauliflower wings but lighter and without the batter. They manage to be both healthy and tasty and they're perfect as a laid-back party appetizer for dinner parties or gatherings.
All you need is a head of cauliflower, lime juice, and spices you're likely to find in your pantry. Simply toss everything together and bake it until golden and crispy. Mix up the curry mayo while the bites are baking. We guarantee you'll be eating them right out of the oven!
Cauliflower appetizer ingredients
Here's everything you'll need to make the curried cauliflower bites:
- Cauliflower – one large head of cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Oil – for roasting the cauliflower and helping to make it extra crispy.
- Lime juice – for a bright pop of citrusy flavor!
- Curry powder – we use store-bought curry powder, but if you have homemade curry powder, that works great, too!
- Spices – cumin, turmeric, cayenne powder, and sea salt.
- Lime juice and chopped parsley or cilantro – for garnish!
We tend to think that sauce makes everything better so we serve these cauliflower bites with a simple homemade curry mayo. Feel free to skip it or use plain yogurt in its place. Or, try our similar curry dipping sauce. Here's what you'll need for it:
- Mayonnaise – this will be the creamy base for the curry dip. Feel free to use light if you prefer.
- Curry powder
- Spices – cayenne powder and turmeric.
- Coconut sugar – to add a hint of sweetness.
How to make this crispy cauliflower appetizer
Roasting cauliflower in the oven until it's crispy gives it a rich, sweet, and almost nutty flavor. It's our favorite way to eat it!
Here's how to make these incredible oven-roasted cauliflower bites in a couple of easy steps:
- While your oven preheats, toss the cauliflower with olive oil and lime juice in a bowl.
- Mix the spices together.
- Sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower and toss until everything is well coated. Spread them onto your baking sheet and cook, flipping once, until golden and crispy.
- While the cauliflower bakes, mix up your curry mayo by combining all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To serve, squeeze a little fresh lime juice overtop of the cauliflower, top with cilantro or parsley, with the curry may on the side as a dip.
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Can I make these in an air fryer?
If you want to make these in an air fry, go for it! We don't own one, but from what we've heard, cauliflower turns out great cooked in an air fryer.
Can I substitute the coconut sugar?
Yep, cane sugar or light brown sugar are good substitutes for coconut sugar. You can also skip it for a sugar-free recipe.
Are cauliflower bites healthy?
We think so! These cauliflower bites are like a lighter, healthier version of cauliflower wings without the batter. For the curry mayo, feel free to use a light mayonnaise or vegan alternative.
Ideas for serving cauliflower bites
These crispy cauliflower bites make a delicious appetizer for casual gatherings, dinner parties, or as a healthy game-day snack.
They also work perfectly as a vegetarian side with Indian-inspired dinner menus along with curries, rice, and meat or fish dishes.
Indian-inspired dishes that taste great with cauliflower bites
Our Favorite Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Tandoori Cauliflower with Tahini Yogurt
- Cheesy Irish Cheddar Cauliflower
- Golden Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- Blackened Cauliflower with Rosemary Garlic Panko
More cauliflower appetizer recipes
- 1 large cauliflower (cut into bite-sized florets)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh is best)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ½ teaspoon EACH: cumin powder, turmeric, cayenne powder, and sea salt
- A squeeze of lime and a little chopped cilantro or parsley (to serve)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (can be light)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: cayenne powder, turmeric, and coconut sugar
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the cauliflower pieces in a medium-sized bowl and pour over the oil and lime juice and toss to coat.1 large cauliflower, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix the curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, and salt.2 teaspoons curry powder, ½ teaspoon EACH: cumin powder, turmeric, cayenne powder, and sea salt
- Sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower and toss well so that each piece is evenly coated. Place the cauliflower on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway. Make sure there are lots of dark, crispy spots on the cauliflower.
- While the cauliflower is baking, make the curry mayo. Combine all the curry mayo ingredients in a small bowl and mix them together well.¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon curry powder, ¼ teaspoon EACH: cayenne powder, turmeric, and coconut sugar
- Serve the cauliflower with the curry mayo on the side for dipping, a little squeeze of lime over top of the cauliflower and a sprinkling of cilantro or parsley.A squeeze of lime and a little chopped cilantro or parsley
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.