Crockpot Coconut Lentil Curry
This delicious crockpot coconut lentil curry is a slow cooker version of the most popular recipe on the blog. Throw everything into your pot, set the timer, and come home to a tasty vegetarian (and vegan!) dinner. You will LOVE it!
Here it is, my friends! This is the recipe you have been asking for. This is the crockpot version of the most popular recipe on the blog.
If I were the betting type (I'm totally not) I would put down money that you've tried the Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry recipe. I shared that recipe with you back in July 2016, and it quickly rose to the #1 spot. Many tens of thousands of people visit that recipe every month.
It's still a go-to recipe for me at home because it is super easy to make, 100% no need to measure ingredients fail-proof, and crazy delicious.
Since I published the original recipe, I've had so many requests for a crockpot coconut lentil curry version. When you reach out to me with special requests I can't help but get a little giddy. That's what friends do; they reach out to each other. Knowing that you feel comfortable asking me for specific recipes makes me all kind of happy.
So here it is, my friends. A crockpot coconut lentil curry recipe, just for you.
This slow cooker version couldn't be any easier to make. Honestly, it almost seems too easy. ← That's the truth!
I'm talking about dump all the ingredients into the pot, pop on the lid, turn it on, and walk away. Super easy. Ridiculously easy.
You can even put all the ingredients in your crockpot in the evening. Store it in your fridge overnight, then turn it on in the morning before you head out the door. When you come home 8-10 hours later, dinner will be waiting for you.
That's the beauty of this recipe: it cooks while you play. Or while you work, but let's not think about that.
Easy Slow Cooker Lentils
The original coconut lentil curry recipe is also easy to make, but after a long day, no cooking is better than a little cooking. That's where a bag of lentils and your slow cooker come in handy.
Once the lentils are cooked, all you need to do is add a can of coconut milk, a few cherry tomatoes, and a handful of cilantro and you've got dinner. If you want to get fancy, you can serve this with rice. I like it just as much on its own.
Bonus points if you pick up some naan on the way home. 🙂
Healthy vegan lentil recipes:
- Coconut Black Lentil Curry
- Deliciously Rich Lentil Bolognese
- Curried Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Coconut Sweet Potato Topping
- Revitalizing Ginger Coconut Lentil Soup
- Coconut Red Lentil Peanut Soup
- Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
Crockpot Coconut Lentil Curry
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 ½ cups dried brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon EACH: cumin, coriander, turmeric
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 head garlic, chopped
- ½ an onion, finely minced
- 15 ounce can coconut milk
- 2-3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- Optional: cooked rice for serving
- Add the dried brown lentils, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, if using the cayenne, crushed tomatoes, garlic, onion, and 3 cups of water in your crockpot. Put the lid on and set the timer for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.1 ½ cups dried brown lentils, 2 tablespoons ginger, 1 tablespoon EACH: cumin, coriander, turmeric, Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder, 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, 1 head garlic, ½ an onion
- Stir the coconut milk, 2 teaspoons of sea salt, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes into the curry. Taste and add extra salt to taste.15 ounce can coconut milk, 1 cup chopped cilantro, A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- Serve on its own or over a bed of rice.