Bacon Guacamole with Roasted Garlic and Tomatoes
Bacon guacamole is loaded with crispy bacon, sweet roasted cherry tomatoes, and delicious roasted garlic. We love to eat this guac in the fall and winter when we're craving a heartier guacamole recipe.
Bacon guacamole! Yes, my friends, this is a real thing. Our favorite dip just married our all-time favorite food. These two belong together.
Why you'll love bacon guacamole
- Bacon. Crispy, salty, all things delicious bacon.
- Roasted cherry tomatoes. These sweet little nuggets make for magical guacamole bites.
- Roasted garlic. Yep, we went there.
- It's all the things we love about guacamole but with an unmistakable fall/winter vibe.
How to make this bacon guacamole recipe
This guacamole is definitely more time consuming my Easy Guacamole Recipe. But even though it's not quick to make, none of the steps are difficult. Plan on it taking you about 40 minutes to make, although some of that time you'll simply be waiting for the tomatoes to finish roasting.
- Start by roasting the tomatoes and garlic. Pop them both in a baking dish, toss them with oil, and put them in your oven.
- While they're getting beautifully caramelized in your oven, crisp the bacon in a pan on your stove.
- From here on in, this recipe is like traditional guacamole. Mash some ripe avocados with lime juice, the roasted garlic, salt, and cumin. Then gently stir in the crispy bacon, roasted tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
Now grab some tortilla chips and dig in!
Do you love easy appetizer recipes?
We sure do! If you want something to go beside this bacon guacamole appetizer, these are our favorites:
- The Best Bacon Jam
- Bacon Scallop Lollipops with Honey Sriracha Glaze
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip with Jalapeño and Avocado
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Guacamole Recipes
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Smoky Chipotle Guacamole
- Delicious Apple Guacamole
- Chunky Grilled Guacamole
- Creamy Avocado Sauce
Bacon Guacamole with Roasted Tomatoes
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 strips bacon, sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and seed removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup lime juice, from 2 limes
- ¼ cup each: minced red onion and cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and unpeeled garlic cloves with the olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Put them into your oven and roast for 30 minutes.3 cups cherry tomatoes, 5 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoons olive oil
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cook the bacon until crispy in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.3 strips bacon
- Add the avocados, salt, cumin, and lime juice to a large mixing bowl. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of their skins and add them to the bowl. Mix everything together until the avocados and roasted garlic are mashed well.3 ripe avocados, 1 teaspoon sea salt, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ cup lime juice
- Reserve a few roasted tomatoes and some bacon to garnish. Mix the remaining roasted tomatoes, bacon, red onion, and cilantro into the guacamole.¼ cup each: minced red onion and cilantro
- Serve the guacamole topped with the reserved roasted tomatoes and bacon.