Grilled Mustard Chicken with Creamy Walnut Sauce
This Grilled Mustard Chicken is tender, flavorful and very simple to make. It's served with a 5-minute, dairy-free walnut cream sauce and grilled green beans for a totally incredible, healthy dinner.
You guys, this mustard chicken. Where do I even begin?
Why you'll love this mustard chicken
- The chicken is tender and flavorful.
- It's extremely simple to make.
- Drizzled with a delicious 5-minute, dairy-free mustard cream sauce.
- Made on your BBQ. Hello, tasty grill marks!
- Served with a side of mustard green beans for a complete meal!
How to make grilled mustard chicken
Luckily for us, it's super easy to make this meal. Turn on the BBQ, take out your blender, and dinner will practically make itself.
- Start by putting the walnut mustard sauce ingredients into your blender. Now turn it on. That's it! You can move onto the chicken now that the sauce is done.
- Season the chicken and pop it onto your BBQ. Phew, what a lot of work. Joking!
- Now toss the green beans in some oil and salt. Once the chicken has been grilling for 15 minutes, add the green beans to the grill.
That's it! All you have to do now is put the chicken and green beans on a plate and pour some of that amazing sauce you made in your blender over the chicken. So easy and so delicious!
The walnut cream sauce
Calling this a cream sauce is a little misleading as you won't find any dairy in this recipe. But it's a very creamy sauce, so let's keep the name.
The ‘cream' comes from blending walnuts. They're a high-fat nut which means they will turn creamy when you blend them into a sauce. If you're familiar with cashew-based sauces, then you'll recognize what we're doing here. If this is your first nut sauce, be prepared to be amazed!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Summer Peach and Grilled Chicken Pad Thai
- Lemongrass Grilled Chicken with Sriracha Mayo
- Grilled Mezcal Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Recipe
This grilled mustard chicken is tender, flavorful and very simple to make. It's served with a 5-minute, dairy-free walnut cream sauce and grilled green beans.
For the walnut cream sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the mustard chicken:
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced thyme
- Chopped walnuts, black pepper and parsley, to garnish
For the green beans:
- 4 handfuls of green beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium low.
- Place all of the walnut cream sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high until it everything is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rub the chicken legs evenly with the mustard. Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt, parsley and thyme. Place the chicken legs skin side up on the bbq and let then grill for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken legs over and let them cook for another 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Toss the green beans with the olive oil and sea salt. Pop them on the grill once the chicken has been on for 15 minutes. Let them grill for 5-8 minutes, or until they are tender but still crisp and they have many have grill marks on them. Toss the mustard and serve immediately.
- To serve: Drizzle the chicken with the walnut mustard sauce and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over top and the green beans on the side.
To toast the walnuts place them on a baking tray and toast them in the oven for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees.