Grilled Mustard Chicken with Creamy Walnut Sauce
This Grilled Mustard Chicken is tender, flavorful and very simple to make. It's served with a 5-minute, dairy-free walnut cream sauce and grilled carrots for a totally incredible, healthy dinner.
This delicious grilled mustard chicken post is sponsored by our good friends, Maille. All the writing, photos and opinions are my own.
Pop quiz: How many flavors of gourmet mustard does Maille make? Choices: a) 1 b) 4 c) 34
If you guessed 34, you win! I promise to share my grilled mustard chicken with you. Hurry over quick to collect your prize; this chicken's too good to last long.
So back to this mustard chicken. You guys, where do I even begin? It's tender, flavorful, extremely simple to make and it's drizzled with a 5-minute, dairy-free mustard cream sauce. It's rubbed with Maille's walnut and white wine mustard that, if you haven't tried it yet I'd suggest getting yourself a bottle asap. It has a nutty and earthy flavor with a tiny touch of sweetness. It reminds me a little of black garlic. I wanted to keep things simple with this recipe to really highlight the flavor of this very special mustard. It's very strong and assertive and bold-flavored dreamy.
→ sidebar ← Before my box of 5 gourmet mustards arrived in the mail, I genuinely did not think that flavored mustards would be all that different from each other. You know, like you could easily substitute one for another. I was wrong! Very, very wrong. Each of the five mustards I was given has a totally unique flavor. I'm about 100% sure that I'm now going to have to spend all the money I'm making from this post just to buy the remaining 29 other flavors.
My two favorites are the walnut mustard and Maille's extra special on-tap white wine mustard. Maille has a line of 5 on-tap mustards that are poured into earthenware pots and sealed with cork stoppers. The on-tap white wine mustard that I got was extra creamy and very strong. It's unmistakably Dijon, but about 100x better than any I've ever tried before. I was tempted to eat the whole bottle, one tiny little spoonful at a time, but came to my senses just before the green beans went on the BBQ.
On-tap mustard + green beans + walnut mustard chicken = one awesome dinner.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- Summer Peach and Grilled Chicken Pad Thai
- Lemongrass Grilled Chicken with Sriracha Mayo
- Grilled Mezcal Chicken Fajitas
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Grilled Chimichurri Chicken Recipe
This grilled mustard chicken is tender, flavorful and very simple to make. It's served with a 5-minute, dairy-free walnut cream sauce and grilled carrots.
For the walnut cream sauce
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (see notes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maille walnut white wine mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
For the mustard chicken:
- 4 chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons Maille walnut white wine mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced thyme
- Chopped walnuts, freshly cracked pepper and parsley, to garnish
For the green beans:
- 4 handfuls of green beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Maille on-tap white wine mustard
- Preheat the grill to medium low.
- Place all of the walnut cream sauce ingredients in a blender and blend on high until it everything is smooth and creamy. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Rub the chicken legs evenly with the Maille white wine mustard. Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt, parsley and thyme. Place the chicken legs skin side up on the bbq and let then grill for 15 minutes. Flip the chicken legs over and let them cook for another 5-8 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Toss the green beans with the olive oil and sea salt. Pop them on the grill once the chicken has been on for 15 minutes. Let them grill for 5-8 minutes, or until they are tender but still crisp and they have many have grill marks on them. Toss the beans with the Maille on-tap white wine mustard and serve immediately.
- To serve: Drizzle the chicken with the walnut mustard sauce and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over top and the green beans on the side.
To toast the walnuts place them on a baking tray and toast them in the oven for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees.