Steak Lettuce Wraps
These steak lettuce wraps require minimal cooking but they deliver maximum freshness and flavor. They're full of crispy veggies and are delicious as a handheld appetizer or light meal. They're also easy to make, and they're ready in just 15 minutes!
This recipe was originally published in 2012. We've updated the post with some new photos and more information but we've left the delicious recipe exactly the same.
Here's a simple recipe for steak lettuce wraps that are both healthy and delicious. They're full of crispy veggies, crunchy slivered almonds, and tender steak. Then they get drizzled in a slightly sweet honey mustard sauce.
They're great as a last minute appetizer or light summer meal, and they're versatile, too. You can easily swap the steak for chicken or fish, use any kind of toasted nut you have on hand, add different veggies, or switch up the sauce.
To make them, simply sear the steak, prep a little salad, mix up a sauce, and assemble them on a lettuce leaf. They're quick and easy, and they can be new every time you eat them!
Steak lettuce wrap ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make these steak lettuce cups:
- Steak seasoned with salt and pepper
- Veggies: carrot, green onion, red pepper, and parsley
- Lemon juice, garlic, and slivered almonds for the salad
- A sauce made from dijon mustard and honey
- Lettuce leaves for the wrap
How to make steak lettuce wraps
It's easy to make these healthy steak lettuce wraps in a few simple steps:
- Start by seasoning your steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear it on high heat. After it rests for a few minutes, slice it into thin strips.
- Make the salad by mixing the veggies with lemon juice and slivered almonds.
- Now mix the mustard and honey and mix to make the dipping sauce/drizzle.
- Time to assemble and serve. Simply lay the lettuce leaves on a platter, add a spoonful of salad, and top with a slice of steak. You can either drizzle the honey mustard sauce on top or serve it on the side as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!
In the pictures we use butter lettuce, but bibb lettuce, romaine, kale, and endive all work great.
Yes! We recommend searing the steak right before you serve them, but you can definitely make the sauce and chop the veggies for the salad ahead of time and store it in the fridge for 24-48 hours.
What to serve with steak lettuce wraps
These little lettuce cups are delicious on their own either as an appetizer or light meal. With minimal cooking involved, they're also perfect for summer grilling season.
More tasty dipping sauces to try
Popular healthy recipes
- Banh Mi Noodle Bowls
- Mango Thai Noodle Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Creamy Coconut Peanut Noodles
- Thai Lettuce Wraps with Ginger Lime Satay
- Roasted Veggie Dinner with Almond Lime Satay Sauce
Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 6 ounces steak
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- ½ medium carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced into long strips
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated (preferably with a microplane)
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Sea salt , to taste
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 12 small pieces of lettuce, kale or endive
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear on high heat until it is as cooked as you like (4-5 minutes for medium-rare). Let it rest for 10 minutes then slice it into thin strips.6 ounces steak, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Add carrot, green onion, pepper, parsley or cilantro, lemon juice, and garlic to a medium-sized bowl. Toss with slivered almonds and salt to taste.½ medium carrot, 1 green onion, ½ red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey and mix to combine.3 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons honey
- To serve, lay the lettuce leaves on a platter, add a spoonful of the salad, and top with a slice of steak. Either drizzle the honey mustard sauce on top or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.12 small pieces of lettuce