Bite Sized Appetizers: Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps
Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps are everything you want in a bite sized appetizer. This recipe is easily adaptable and perfect for last minute plans.
Mmm more cute little bite sized appetizers. I just can't get enough of these!
I grew up on something my mom called ‘appetizer dinners.' She would put out a bunch of delicious things on the living room table and my sister, myself and my mom would spend a few hours chatting and eating. It was tradition for as long as I can remember. Once we were teenagers, we were sometimes allowed a glass of wine, but it was always about the company and the food.
I blame those dinners (in a great kind of way) on my love of long, leisurely dinners. I get stupidly excited by a table full of pretty little things I can slowly eat. Is that normal?
These mini steak salads wrapped in mini lettuce leaves may just be the perfect appetizer. Perfect … whoa, that's a big claim! They're full of crispy veggies, crunchy almonds, tender steak and drizzled in a slightly sweet honey mustard sauce.
They're also completely versatile. You can swap the steak for chicken or fish, use any kind of toasted nut you have on hand, add any veggies that are in your fridge and switch up the dipping sauce. They can be new every time you eat them. See, they're perfect.
If you make these Bite Sized Appetizers: Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 6 ounces steak
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- ½ medium carrot, grated
- 1 green onion, sliced into long strips
- ½ red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated (preferably with a microplane)
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- Sea salt , to taste
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 12 small pieces of lettuce, kale or endive
- Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear on high heat until it is as cooked as you like (4-5 minutes for medium-rare). Let it rest for 10 minutes then slice it into thin strips.6 ounces steak, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- Add carrot, green onion, pepper, parsley or cilantro, lemon juice, and garlic to a medium-sized bowl. Toss with slivered almonds and salt to taste.½ medium carrot, 1 green onion, ½ red bell pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley or cilantro, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey and mix to combine.3 tablespoons dijon mustard, 2 teaspoons honey
- To serve, lay the lettuce leaves on a platter, add a spoonful of the salad, and top with a slice of steak. Either drizzle the honey mustard sauce on top or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.12 small pieces of lettuce