This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These healthy and delicious Thai Lettuce Wraps are a breeze to make and super customizable.
These Thai Lettuce Wraps are everything in my world right now. Not even joking. They're packed full of tasty veggies and chicken all swimming around in a crazy deelish Asian-y sauce. We've been eating them for dinner and the leftovers for lunch. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to whip them up for breakfast.
And then there's the satay sauce. You guys, Thai lettuce wraps are ALL about the satay sauce, and this one is blowing my mind.
While you're at it, you should double (triple?) up the satay portion of the recipe. It lasts about a week in the fridge and you can slather it on everything. Need a few ideas? Try these:
- As a dip for some roasted veggies.
- Or for spring rolls.
- Poured over your rice or quinoa.
- Thinned with a little water and tossed with some noodles.
- On top of some BBQ chicken or pork.
- As a dressing for some crunchy, Thai salad.
- With some tofu kebabs. And pineapple? Yes, definitely pineapple tofu kebabs.
- Straight from the spoon. Ya, this one for sure.
I can't stress this enough … you guys need to make these Thai Lettuce Wraps. And then invite me over, k. 🙂
Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. Dinner comes together far faster than you'd think. There are three parts to the recipe, and each is very simple.
But watch out … these guys are messy to eat. #SoNotFirstDateFood!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
MORE DELICIOUS THAI DISHES
- Sticky Thai Peanut Chicken Wings
- Thai Chicken Burrito Bowls with Coconut Cauli Rice and Pineapple Guac
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Summer Peach and Grilled Chicken Pad Thai
- Thai Noodle Salad with Feta Peanut Dressing
- 1 cup coconut milk (from a can)
- 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut
- 1 tablespoon EACH: brown sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup EACH: honey, chicken stock, and soy sauce (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tablespoon EACH: cornstarch, sesame oil, and rice vinegar
The Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (diced)
- 14 ounce can baby corn (drained and cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (cut on a diagonal)
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Bibb lettuce or butter lettuce (to serve)
- Lime, cilantro, chopped peanuts (to garnish)
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sriracha to a small pot over medium heat. Whisk well and then let it heat until it thickens. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the lime juice.1 cup coconut milk, 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut, 1 tablespoon EACH: brown sugar, fish sauce, and soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sriracha, 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Make the sauce next by whisking the ingredients together in a small bowl.¼ cup EACH: honey, chicken stock, and soy sauce, 1 tablespoon EACH: cornstarch, sesame oil, and rice vinegar
- Heat the sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until the chicken is no longer pink and any liquid has evaporated from the pan, about 7 minutes.1 tablespoon sesame oil, 1 lb ground chicken, 1 small onion, 1 tablespoon minced ginger, ½ teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper, 3 cloves garlic
- Add the carrot and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add the corn and the sauce and stir until the sauce is bubbly and thick. Stir in the green onions and cilantro. a1 medium carrot, 1 medium red bell pepper, 14 ounce can baby corn, ½ cup chopped green onions, ¼ cup cilantro
- Fill the lettuce wraps and then top with some satay sauce and any or all of the garnishes.Bibb lettuce or butter lettuce, Lime, cilantro, chopped peanuts
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.