This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Carnitas Lettuce Wraps are all the things you love about carnitas but wrapped in crunchy, low-carb lettuce. Healthy Mexican recipes don't get better than this!
We've been on a bit of a carnitas kick here lately. Ever since I shared my favorite Mexican Pork Carnitas recipe with you shortly before Cinco de Mayo, I've been wanting to eat them every day. And if you've tried that recipe, I know you won't blame me. It's kind of insane.
We've put the carnitas in tacos (so good!), sandwiches, on top of salads, and eaten them on their own. But these taco lettuce wraps top my list of favorite ways to eat carnitas.
Why you want to eat Carnitas Lettuce Wraps right now
- Tender Mexican pulled pork.
- Magical crispy pork bits.
- The best ever creamy guacamole.
- All wrapped up in a crunchy lettuce blanket.
- This is the way carnitas were meant to be eaten.
How to make carnitas lettuce wraps
Making this lettuce wraps recipe is really more about assembling than making. Once you have your carnitas ready to go, your lettuce tacos are only minutes away.
- Season the pork then pop it into a pot (or slow cooker!) with some orange and lime juice. When it's tender, shred it with 2 forks then crisp it under your broiler.
- Mash some avocados together with a little lime juice and salt and call it guacamole.
- Pile your crispy pork into some bibb lettuce leaves, add a spoonful of guac, and sprinkle a few red onions on top and dig in. You've just made pork lettuce wraps!
What to serve with Mexican lettuce wraps
These lettuce tacos are delicious all on their own. While you don't need anything else to make them a simple meal, here are my favorite Mexican-inspired recipes that go great alongside these wraps and are ideal for a party.
- Creamy Avocado Sauce (this is a delicious swap for the guacamole!)
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip with Avocado and Jalapeño
- Loaded Food Truck Mexican Nacho Fries
- Spicy Mexican Rice
- Fizzy Lime Margaritas
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Lettuce Wraps Recipes
- Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Lettuce Boats
- Steak Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Lettuce Wraps with Ginger Lime Satay Sauce
- Mexican Pork Carnitas
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 large head of bibb lettuce (butter lettuce or romaine hearts also work)
- ½ red onion (minced)
- Start by making the Mexican Pork Carnitas. This will take you about 8 hours to make in your slow cooker or in a pot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the avocados with the lime juice, garlic, and salt.2 large ripe avocados, Juice from ½ lime, 1 clove garlic, a pinch of salt
- Put a scoop of carnitas in a bibb lettuce leaf, add a spoonful of the mashed avocados (guacamole), and top with a sprinkle of minced red onions.½ red onion
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.