Bacon Scallop Lollipops with Honey Sriracha Glaze
Want to be the most popular person at the party? Serve these Bacon Scallop Lollipops and watch it happen. Big, juicy scallops are wrapped in bacon, dipped in a honey sriracha glaze, then broiled until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are perfectly cooked. They are irresistible.
In case you haven't guessed by looking at the picture, these bacon wrapped scallops should be your go-to party appetizer.
They are super easy to make, can be prepped ahead of time, and (most importantly) and insanely delicious.
How to make bacon scallop lollipops
1. Prep the bacon. Cut the bacon in half then cook it for a few minutes while the oven is preheating. You don't want it fully-cooked, just a little. Cooking the bacon first means the scallops won't overcook.
2. Wrap the scallops. Let the bacon cool for a minute then wrap it around the scallops. I find it easier to cut a little off the bacon so that each strip is the same height as the scallops. I save the little scraps and have them for breakfast. Twist a toothpick through the scallop to hold the bacon in place.
3. Make the glaze. Mix some honey, sriracha, and lime juice in a small bowl. Dip each lollipop in the glaze.
4. Broil the bacon scallop lollipops. You may want to take the battery out of your smoke alarm, or at the very least open the window. There will be a bit of smoke. It's par for course when broiling these babies.
5. Eeeeeaaat. All. The. Scallops. Repeat.
Watch the bacon scallop lollipops video!
Favorite Appetizer Recipes
- The Best Bacon Jam
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Lazy Deviled Eggs
- Easy Hummus Recipe
- Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Want to be the most popular person at the party? Bring these Bacon Scallop Lollipops and watch it happen. Big, juicy scallops are wrapped in bacon, dipped in a honey sriracha glaze, then broiled until the bacon is crisp and the scallops are perfectly cooked. They are irresistible.
- 10 ounces of large scallops (Marina del Rey Foods has excellent quality, sustainable scallops)
- 1 lb bacon (NOT thick cut)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Place a baking rack on the top shelf in your oven (and keep the other in the middle) and turn your oven to broil. Place some toothpicks (you'll need about 20) in a cup of water.
- Cut the bacon in half then place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Place the bacon in your oven for 5-6 minutes on the middle rack, while your oven is heating up. You want the bacon to just start to cook, but still be pliable enough to wrap around the scallops. Remove the bacon from the oven and it cool slightly.
- While the bacon is in the oven, mix the honey, sriracha, and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Wrap one piece of bacon (1/2 slice) around each scallop and secure in place with a toothpick. Dip the scallops in the glaze and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place the scallops in the oven on the top rack and broil for 5 minutes. Take the baking sheet out of the oven. (If there is any liquid on the sheet, carefully hold the baking sheet over your sink at an angle and drain the liquid.) Flip the scallops over and spoon any remaining glaze over the top. Broil for another 5 minutes then serve right away.
I don't recommend using parchment paper (like you see in the photos) as it is a fire hazard at high heat. I used it to hide my old baking sheets. 🙂