Sip this naturally sweetened, ultra-refreshing mint lemonade all summer long. The tangy taste of fresh lemon is perfectly balanced with a mint-infused honey syrup for an all-natural spin on everyone's favorite summer drink. It's easy to mix up at home and ready in just 20 minutes!
In this mint lemonade recipe, we combine two of the world's most fresh-tasting ingredients: lemons and mint. We start by making an all-natural honey syrup and infusing it with fresh mint. Then we pour it into an ice-filled pitcher with fresh lemon juice and cold water and stir. It's that simple!
It's healthy and hydrating, making it perfect for patio-sipping or picnics all summer long. Make a big batch for sharing with family and friends; they'll love this better-than-store bought minty lemonade.
How to make mint lemonade
If you've ever wanted to try making your own lemonade, this recipe is for you! It's quick and easy to make by following a few easy steps. Here's how you do it:
- Start by making the delicious honey mint syrup. Just add honey, mint, and water to a pot and simmer, then let it sit. This draws out the flavors of the mint.
- Strain the syrup to remove the mint leaves.
- Find your pitcher, fill it with ice, then add the mint syrup, lemon juice, and water. Mix it all together and garnish with lemon slices and more fresh mint leaves. Serve and enjoy!
You'll need just a few ingredients to make this all-natural mint lemonade at home.
- Honey – makes it sweet and depending on the source can be floral, fruity, smoky, nutty, or earthy.
- Mint – fresh mint leaves give this drink its wonderful refreshing minty taste.
- Water – for making the mint syrup.
- Lemon juice – a generous amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice for its tart flavor.
- Lemon slices and mint leaves – optional for garnish, but makes it look really nice.
Variations to try
This refreshing recipe is endlessly versatile. Put your own spin on it, or try one of these variations:
- Add fresh fruit like berries or watermelon
- Add a splash of fresh ginger juice for an added bit of zing
- Make an ultra-refreshing cucumber mint lemonade with fresh slices of cucumber
- Turn it into an adult drink with your favorite spirit like vodka or bourbon
- Use more or less honey depending on your desired sweetness
For a natural alternative to honey, try maple syrup or agave.
You can prepare the mint syrup ahead of time. It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Only pour it over the ice when you're ready to serve. When the ice melts, it dilutes the flavors of the drink.
How to serve mint lemonade
Mint lemonade is the perfect all-occasion refresher. Serve it on a hot afternoon in the sun, by the pool, or on a patio. It's a pretty drink making it a good non-alcoholic choice for parties or special occasions.
Popular summer drinks
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- ½ cup honey
- 40 large mint leave
- 5 cups water, divided
- ½ cup lemon juice
- lemon slices and mint, to garnish
- Add the honey, mint leaves, and 1 cup of water to a small pot over high heat. Bring the pot to a boil then lower the temperature to medium heat and continue to simmer rapidly, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.½ cup honey, 40 large mint leave
- Strain the mint through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the mint leaves to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Pour the mint syrup, 4 cups of water, and lemon juice into an ice-filled pitcher. Serve the mint lemonade garnished with lemon slices and mint.½ cup lemon juice