This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This refreshing maple syrup lemonade is the perfect naturally sweet drink for a warm day. With fresh tart lemon juice, pure maple syrup, and water, it's a simple, healthier drink you can make at home in minutes. Mix up a big batch because this sweet-tart maple lemonade won't last long!
This all-natural version of lemonade using maple syrup is exactly what we want in our hands on a warm summer or early autumn day. It's not overly sweet so you can sip on it all afternoon long.
It's a basic recipe that's really versatile so feel free to muddle in some fresh berries or herbs like mint or lavender. Mix up a big batch of this ultra-refreshing drink before your next dinner party or special occasion. It makes a great hydrating mocktail that everyone will love!
How to make lemonade with maple syrup
This is a super quick and simple lemonade recipe using one of our favorite sweeteners, maple syrup! Here's how it comes together in just two steps:
- Start by filling a pitcher with ice. Add the lemon juice and water, followed by the maple syrup.
- Serve it in your favorite glass, over ice, garnished with a lemon slice.
You'll need just three simple ingredients to make this naturally sweet maple syrup lemonade:
- Lemon juice – squeezed from fresh lemons.
- Cold water – the colder the better in our opinion!
- Maple syrup – for that natural caramel-like sweetness.
Variations to try
This is a base recipe for naturally sweetened lemonade, and there are lots of fun ways to mix it up:
- Toss in some fresh fruit like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- Muddle in some fresh herbs like mint, thyme, or lavender
- Add a splash of fresh fruit juice like pineapple or mango
- Give it some fizz by topping it with sparkling water at the end
Can I make this ahead of time?
This drink is best made in the moment. You can prepare the lemon juice ahead of time, then when you're ready to serve it, just pour it all together and stir.
How long does it last?
When the ice melts, it will dilute the flavors so it tastes best consumed right away.
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups cold water
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Add the lemon juice and water to an ice-filled pitcher. Pour in the maple syrup and stir to combine.½ cup fresh lemon juice, 4 cups cold water, ½ cup pure maple syrup
- Serve over ice garnished with a lemon slice.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.