This rhubarb lemonade takes everyone's favorite summer sip for a spin. It's an ultra-refreshing sweet-tart drink for any occasion that uses just four ingredients and is ready in 25 minutes!
Calling all lemonade lovers! If you enjoy the sweet-tart taste of lemonade, you'll love this rosy version using rhubarb. The homemade rhubarb syrup makes the most beautiful pink lemonade that is wonderfully thirst-quenching.
It's a quick and easy-to-make non-alcoholic drink for spring and summer that everyone (even rhubarb skeptics) will enjoy. Save yourself some time by making the syrup in advance; it will stay fresh in the fridge in an air-tight jar or bottle for up to a week!
Rhubarb lemonade ingredients
This recipe is just four ingredients! Here's what you'll need to make the rhubarb syrup:
- Rhubarb – fresh or frozen both work well here!
Here's what you'll need to make the rhubarb lemonade:
- Lemon juice
- Lemon slices + chopped rhubarb – for garnishing
Tip: While this rhubarb lemonade is excellent on its own, try it with some fresh herbs like mint, basil, or thyme for an extra burst of flavor.
How to make rhubarb lemonade
It's easy to make this refreshing rhubarb lemonade. Here's how it comes together:
- Begin by making the rhubarb syrup. Add the rhubarb and water to a pot and simmer. Use a fork to mash the rhubarb as it softens, then strain it with a sieve. Return the liquid to the pot and add the sugar, heating until it dissolves. Allow it to cool.
- Pour the rhubarb syrup into a large pitcher, followed by the water and lemon juice.
- When you're ready to serve it, add ice, lemon slices, and chopped rhubarb to the pitcher. Enjoy!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
The rhubarb syrup is easy to make ahead of time. It will keep for up to two weeks in the fridge in an air-tight jar or container. When you're ready to serve the lemonade, mix the syrup into the pitcher with the rest of the ingredients, and enjoy!
Yes! We make this double batch of rhubarb syrup recipe in the spring so we can have some on hand for quick lemonades and other tasty drinks.
How to serve rhubarb lemonade
Rhubarb lemonade is a refreshing non-alcoholic drink that will keep you and your guests hydrated all spring and summer long. We love keeping some on hand as a thirst-quencher.
It's also easy to make a big batch ahead of time for your next special occasion. It's a stunning drink to serve at dinner parties, birthday parties, wedding or baby showers, on the patio, and by the pool!
Tasty lemonade recipes
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Lemon slices and chopped rhubarb, to serve
- Begin by making the rhubarb syrup. Simmer the rhubarb and water in a small, covered pot for 10 minutes. Crush the rhubarb gently with a spoon to release all of the flavor. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve then return the syrup to the pot. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let the rhubarb syrup cool completely before using it.4 cups chopped rhubarb, 1 ½ cups water, 1 cup sugar
- Pour the rhubarb syrup into a large pitcher then add the water and lemon juice and stir well.6 cups water, ½ cup lemon juice
- When you're ready to serve the lemonade, add ice, lemon slices, and chopped rhubarb to the pitcher.Lemon slices and chopped rhubarb