Cucumber Tomato Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad is bright and fresh tasting and quick and easy to make. It's the perfect healthy side dish recipe to almost any dinner and packs well to bring to a potluck. This is our go-to salad recipe and one that I know you'll love as much as we do!
This is the cucumber tomato salad of my dreams.
Best ever cucumber tomato salad
- Best ever is a big claim, but a well-deserved one in this case.
- Crunchy cucumbers and sweet cherry tomatoes are meant for each other.
- A little spicy red onion and lots of chopped herbs.
- All drizzled in your favorite olive oil and liberally sprinkled with black pepper.
- Feta if you want it. We sometimes do and sometimes don't. The salad is great without cheese but it tastes like an extra special treat when we add it.
- The simple flavors and few ingredients add up to so much more when they're mixed together.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to throw together this incredible side dish.
- And it packs well for summer picnics!
READ MORE: Creamy Cucumber Salad
How to make cucumber and tomato salad
This is seriously the easiest salad recipe. When I'm feeling lazy, I add everything to the salad bowl and toss. Sometimes the garlic ends up concentrated on a few pieces that way though so I've written the recipe a little different.
- Add the veggies to a bowl.
- Whisk the oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and pour the dressing over the veggies.
- Toss and you're done.
Can you skip the feta?
Yes! We don't eat a lot of dairy so will often skip the feta when making this salad. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that it makes no difference at all. Salty feta definitely kicks it up a notch. But if you eat a vegan or paleo diet, or simply want to cut back on dairy, there's no reason to add it to this recipe.
The salad is incredibly delicious without the added cheese. Don't believe me? Check out how good it looks without feta. ↓
What to serve with this cucumber and tomato salad recipe
This salad is so bright and fresh that it pairs perfectly with a simple main course. In the summer, I love this salad with my Juicy Grilled Pork Chops or my Best Grilled Chicken Breast recipe. They're both the ideal way to turn this salad into a summer dinner.
Cherry tomatoes are sweet year round and cucumbers are always available. So even after the weather turns cooler, this cucumber tomato salad is still one of my favs. In the winter, I like to serve it with my Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts or my Juicy Baked Pork Chops.
And a few sides to round out the meal:
- Crispy Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
- Smoky Roast Potatoes
- Spicy Mexican Rice
- Sauteed Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan
- Garlic Herb Carrot Fries
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Salad Recipes
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
- Cauliflower Salad with Avocado Pesto Dressing
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Grilled Peach Salad with Curry Pecans
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets
- Summer Quinoa Salad
Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, quartered lengthwise then sliced
- ¼ cup each: minced red onion, parsley, and cilantro (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, see notes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- Optional: ¼ cup feta cheese, omit for a dairy-free salad
- Add the cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and cilantro to a large bowl.1 lb cherry tomatoes, 1 English cucumber, ¼ cup each: minced red onion, parsley, and cilantro (see notes)
- Whisk the olive oil with the minced garlic, salt, and pepper and pour over the salad and toss to coat.2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 large garlic clove, ½ teaspoon each: salt and pepper
- If you are using the feta cheese, crumble it over top of the salad and toss to mix it in.Optional: ¼ cup feta cheese
This is such a fresh salad! We used goat cheese (it’s what we had on hand) and served it with your crispy chicken thighs. What a feast!
i thought you described this as creamy?? have more than one recipe?? seems different than the photo that drew me in to find the recipe.
I think you might be looking for this recipe here: https://www.theendlessmeal.com/creamy-cucumber-salad/ 🙂