This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These boozy margarita popsicles are everything we love about the classic cocktail turned into a frozen adult treat. They're refreshing, delicious, and fun, and they're perfect for summer gatherings. You only need a handful of ingredients to make this quick and easy popsicle recipe!
If you're after a refreshing frozen treat (minus the booze), try our coconut raspberry popsicles!
Dial up the fun factor with these boozy margarita popsicles. If you're a fan of frozen margaritas, you're going to love these margarita popsicles. They're a tart and refreshing drink on a stick that tastes just like our favorite Mexican cocktail.
All you need is a handful of ingredients and a few minutes to assemble them. Pop them into the freezer overnight and you'll have a delicious frozen dessert you can enjoy the next day.
These cocktail popsicles tend to disappear quickly, so we usually make a double batch. Gather your friends because they're perfect for parties and lounging poolside all summer long!
How to make margarita popsicles
Frozen margarita popsicles are a fun adult treat filled with margarita flavor. They require minimal prep time and only a few ingredients. Plus, they're easy to make in just three simple steps:
- Briefly boil the tequila and triple sec together, remove from the heat, and then stir in the lime juice.
- Place a lime slice into each popsicle mold and pour in the tequila mixture.
- Sprinkle salt overtop, place popsicle sticks or tops in each mold, and freeze for 24 hours. That's it!
When to serve margarita popsicles
Serve these margarita ice pops anytime as a cold treat on a hot day. Enjoy them as a fun addition to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations, or as a refreshing element to any Mexican night. All you need are some tacos, tortilla chips, and some salsa!
What's in margarita popsicles?
The ingredients you need for these margarita popsicles are tequila, triple sec, freshly squeezed lime, sliced limes, and a sprinkle of coarse salt.
What do I need to make a popsicle margarita?
All you need are the ingredients, plus a popsicle mold (we like this one) and popsicle sticks.
What type of tequila should I use?
We recommend using blanco tequila (also known as white tequila or silver tequila) for its neutral taste and clear color.
What is triple sec?
Triple Sec is a dry orange liqueur that packs a citrus punch. If you don't have any on hand, you can use grand marnier or simple syrup instead.
Can I use bottled lime juice?
Fresh lime juice tastes best but bottled is definitely the easier route.
- 1 ¼ cups tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 limes (sliced)
- A sprinkling of kosher salt or other coarse specialty salt for each pop
- Boil the tequila and triple sec in a small pot for 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat, stir in the lime juice, and let the mixture cool.1 ¼ cups tequila, 1 cup triple sec, ¾ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Put a slice of lime into each ice pop mold then carefully pour the tequila mixture equally between your ice pop molds. Do not fill the molds to the top; leave a small amount of space to allow for expansion when the liquid freezes or your freezer may receive an icy margarita bath.2 limes
- Sprinkle a very small amount of kosher salt into each pop. Top with ice pop sticks or reusable ice pop tops with attached sticks. Let the pops freeze for at least 24 hours. To unmold the pops, run them under hot water for a few seconds.A sprinkling of kosher salt or other coarse specialty salt for each pop
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.