This delicious watermelon margarita is the best thing this summer. Fresh watermelon juice (made in your blender!) is mixed with tequila, lime juice, jalapeño if you're feeling daring, and honey simple syrup for the best margarita ever. Make one for yourself or a pitcher to share with friends!
Get ready to celebrate, my friends. This watermelon margarita recipe is about to become your go-to drink this summer! It's easy to make, refined sugar-free, and delicious.
Why you need a watermelon margarita
- Sweet watermelon juice was made for mixing with tequila.
- A pink margarita is just. so. fun.
- It's light and refreshing and perfect for summer.
- Using honey simple syrup (just honey and water!) instead of the usual sugary liqueur keeps this margarita refined sugar-free.
- Bonus points: honey simply syrup works better flavor-wise than an orange liqueur.
- It's just as easy to make a big pitcher to share with friends as it is to make yourself a glass.
- The gorgeous pinky-red hue is perfect for your Canada Day or Fourth of July parties.
How to make a watermelon margarita
Spoiler alert: This watermelon margarita recipe is super easy to make! If you can mix honey and water together, squeeze a lime, turn on your blender, and open a bottle of tequila, you can make this.
Here's what you're going to do:
- Roughly chop 2 cups of watermelon chunks. You'll need about half of a small, round watermelon. Put the chunks in your blender and turn it on. In 2 seconds, you'll have watermelon juice.
- Whisk some honey and water to make a honey simple syrup.
- Squeeze a couple of limes and grab a bottle of tequila.
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, add them to a shaker, a glass jar, or a pitcher with some ice and stir them around. See how easy that was?
Turn this into a watermelon jalapeño margarita
Girl, you're speaking my language! The only thing that can make this margarita even better is a little bit of spice. If you like a little heat (or a lot, your choice), this is all you have to do:
Remove the stem and seeds from a jalapeño pepper and pop it in the blender with the watermelon chunks.
That's it! You've just made yourself a spicy watermelon margarita!
Make this watermelon margarita recipe for a crowd
Margaritas always taste better when shared with friends. It's a good thing it's easy to make a party-sized pitcher! Here's what you need to know to scale this recipe up or down to your needs:
- 2 parts watermelon juice
- 2 parts white tequila
- 1 part lime juice
- 1 part honey simple syrup
This might look like:
- 2 cups watermelon juice
- 2 cups white tequila
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1 cup honey simple syrup
Making a big batch takes the stress of hosting a summer party.
What to serve with a pink margarita
Recipes cooked outdoors or no-cook recipes are the best this time of year. Here are my favorite summer recipes that I think would go great with a cold watermelon margarita:
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Carnitas Tacos Lettuce Wraps
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- Smoky Gochujang Korean BBQ Chicken
- Chili Chicken Burger Bowls with Avocado Pesto
- Cheesy Fajita Stuffed Chicken
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Margarita Recipes
- Delicious Grapefruit Margarita
- Fizzy Lime Margaritas
- Christmas Cranberry Margarita
- Fresh Pineapple Margaritas with Sweet Spicy Salt Rim
- Frozen Margarita Popsicles
This delicious Watermelon margarita is the best thing this summer. Fresh watermelon juice (made in your blender!) is mixed with tequila, lime juice, jalapeño if you're feeling daring, and honey simple syrup for the best margarita ever. Make one for yourself or a pitcher to share with friends!
- 2 cups watermelon chunks = 1 cup watermelon juice
- Optional: 1 japaleoño pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice (freshly squeezed, please!)
- 1/2 cup honey simple syrup
- Salt, to rim the glasses
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Put the watermelon, and the jalapeño, if using, into your blender and blend on high for a a few seconds.
- Whisk the honey and water together to make honey simple syrup.
- Combine the watermelon juice, tequila, lime juice, and honey simple syrup in a glass jar filled with ice and stir until the margarita is cold.
- Wet the edges of 4 glasses with lime then rim them with salt and pour in your watermelon margarita!
This recipe is very easy to scale up or down. Here's what you need to know:
- 1 cup of watermelon chunks will make 1/2 cup of watermelon juice
- Honey simple syrup is made with 1 part honey and 2 parts water. For example, 1 cup of honey and 2 cups of water.
- This watermelon margarita is made with 2 parts watermelon juice, 2 parts tequila, 1 part lime juice, and one part honey simple syrup. For example, 2-ounces watermelon juice, 2-ounces tequila, 1-ounce lime juice, and 1-ounce honey simple syrup.
PIN to save for later!