Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers
These easy to make Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers are INSANELY delicious.
The Cajun lemon garlic butter dip takes these kebabs over the top. They're also a healthy summer BBQ recipe that is naturally gluten-free. Go ahead, dig in!
And the June Grill Out continues! This time with what I was tempted to call The Best Damn Kebabs EVER. If you've never had shrimp boil skewers before, they are delicious, BBQ heaven. ?
They're super simple in concept, but so amazingly flavorful you'll quickly forget how easy they are to make. Everything you would have in a shrimp boil, you skewer onto sticks, brush with Cajun butter, and grill to charcoal-y perfection.
We've got sweet corn, nugget potatoes, spicy chorizo sausage, and (obvs.) shrimp. They're a true meal on a stick … meat, potatoes, and veggie. They're basically the only summer meal you need to make from now until September. Joking/ not joking.
When I was dreaming up recipes for this grilling series, I knew a shish kabob recipe HAD to be in here. What is a BBQ roundup without at least one kabob recipe? Not a very good one.
Confession: I felt pretty clever when I thought of turning a shrimp boil into skewers. BUT … it turns out I'm not the first person to dream up this brilliant idea. Hanging head in shame.
Do you ever do that? You know, think you've come up with the best idea ever only to have Google tell you that your idea was so last year.
When my sister and I were kids, we got it in our heads that drizzling honey on our cheddar cheese was a good idea. (It was!) For years, I genuinely thought we created the whole honey and cheese thing. When I was in my early 20s and had my first cheese and charcuterie board, and there was honey sitting next to the cheese, I was floored. I felt like my idea had been stolen from me. Ha!
Anyway, these Shrimp Boil Skewers may not be the first, but they're so delicious that who really cares.
It's the Cajun butter that takes the shrimp boil skewers over. the. freaking. top. Like, way over. Finger licking, go back for more helpings till your buttons pop, over the top. Yep, it's that good.
It's also super simple stuff to make. If you can melt butter, squeeze a lemon, chop garlic, and mix a couple of spices, you can make this. It's that easy.
Your Shimp boil skewer game plan:
♡ Put the potatoes in a pot of boiling water. Next add the corn, then the sausage. Drain and skewer with the shrimp.
♡ Make that butter. You already know how easy that is.
♡ Take that delish Cajun butter and brush it over the skewers. Don't be shy, really brush it on.
♡ Grill on both sides till those tasty charcoal marks appear.
♡ Squeeze some lemon over the top, drag through the Cajun butter, eat, lick fingers, repeat.
If you make these Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers make sure you tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
These easy to make Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers are INSANELY delicious. The Cajun lemon garlic butter dip takes them over the top. They're also a healthy summer BBQ recipe that is naturally gluten-free. Go ahead, dig in!
- 24 nugget potatoes
- 3 ears of corn, cut into 4 pieces each
- 1 1/2 lbs. chorizo sausage, sliced into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb. tail-on shrimp
- 1/2 lemon, cut into wedges
Cajun Lemon Garlic Butter:
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon each: paprika and chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each: oregano and sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the potatoes and let them boil for 10 minutes. Add the corn and the chorizo and boil for another 5 minutes. Drain the pot.
- Skewer the potatoes, corn, sausage, and shrimp onto 12 long skewers. Place the skewers on a baking sheet.
- Oil your grill and preheat it to medium-high.
- In a small pan over medium heat, add all the Cajun Lemon Garlic Butter ingredients. Let the butter melt then pour half of the butter into a small bowl. Keep the other half warm.
- Bast the skewers with the butter then grill for 10 minutes, turning halfway and basting once more.
- Serve the Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers with the lemon slices and the warm butter on the side.