This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These delicious Quinoa Cornbread Muffins are loaded with all your favorite Tex-Mex flavors and are as healthy as they are tasty. They're great as a game day snack, easy appetizer, or with a big bowl of chili.
Friends! Today we're transforming quinoa into cornbread muffins. Aaaannd … it's awesome.
That's right, these healthy bites of quinoa are dotted with tasty black beans and sweet corn and held together with cheddar and queso. That's right, cheeeeze! Cinco de Mayo may be a month away, but let's rock our Mexican eats today.
These quinoa cornbread muffins are delish as an easy and healthy snack and perfect to bring along to a party.
Make these quinoa cornbread muffins and a giant pot of chili and eat happy for days. And make sure to call me over. Chili + quinoa muffins = the best.
This is the kind of one-bowl, super easy recipe that makes me happy. All the ingredients get dumped into one bowl, mixed around, then squashed into a muffin tin. A quick bake in the oven and you've made yourself quinoa cornbread muffins.
These guys are a little bit crumbly, a little bit cheesy, a touch sweet from the corn and overall delicious. If you're looking for a cornbread-ish muffin that ups the healthy factor, this is it.
Dig in, my friends!
More savory muffins and pots of chili
- Zucchini Cornbread Muffins with Chili Honey Butter
- Black Bean and Corn Chili with Avocado Salsa
- Vegetarian Chocolate Quinoa Chili
- Chipotle Bourbon Pumpkin Chili
- Guinness Spiked Irish Chili
- 1 cup quinoa
- 15 ounce can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- ½ cup crumbled queso
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the quinoa in a pot with 2 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes.1 cup quinoa
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix all the ingredients, including the cooked quinoa, together in a large bowl. Divide between the 12 muffin cups and press the tops down firmly. You can wet your hands with a little oil to help stop the quinoa from sticking to them. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.15 ounce can black beans, 1 cup frozen corn, 2 large eggs, 1 cup grated cheddar, ½ cup crumbled queso, ¼ cup chopped cilantro, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Let the quinoa muffins cool for 5 minutes before you carefully remove them from the muffin tin. Set aside on a cooling rack to cool completely.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.