This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skillet is a super fast (15 minute!) and healthy dinner recipe. We love to keep this paleo and serve it with cauliflower rice, but regular rice is delicious, too.
We've got a spicy shrimp recipe for you that is so good you'll be tempted to lick your plate clean. It's also crazy quick and easy to make.
Why you want this Cajun shrimp for dinner tonight
- It's spicy and flavorful.
- 15 minute healthy dinner recipes = awesome.
- Super easy to make into a meal that pleases everyone at your table. Cauliflower rice is my choice, but I make regular rice for my family.
READ MORE: Homemade Cajun Seasoning
How to make this spicy shrimp
Cooking shrimp in a skillet is the easiest ever. They take only a couple minutes to cook so they're perfect for when you want dinner in a hurry.
- You're going to start making this Cajun shrimp recipe by marinating the shrimp in some Cajun seasoning, oil, salt, and chili flakes.
- Next, chop the veggies and get the ingredients out of the panty.
- Now all you have to do is sear the shrimp, add the veggies, tomato paste, and stock. That's it!
Adding the tomato paste and stock creates a bit of a sauce. It's delicious!
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
How long do I cook shrimp in a skillet?
Not long! Average sized shrimp will take only 4-5 minutes to cook. You will know they are cooked when they turn opaque and pink. Don't overcook them as they will turn rubbery.
What should I serve with skillet shrimp?
If you serve this with cauliflower rice it can easily be a complete healthy meal. If you opt for regular rice, you'll probably want to add another vegetable.
Roasted or steamed broccoli would be great. Or you could keep things super easy and add a couple extra peppers to the shrimp skillet.
A side of buttery corn on the cob would be delicious, too!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL’S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite shrimp recipes:
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers
- Sticky Sesame Honey Shrimp with Ginger Broccoli
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Eggs Benedict
- 1 ½ lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 2 green bell peppers (diced small)
- 2 small shallots (minced (about ⅓ cup))
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- Sea salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with the Cajun seasoning, oil, salt, and chili flakes. Set aside to marinate while you prep the veggies.1 ½ lbs shrimp, 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, A pinch of chili flakes
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and sear for 2 minutes. Add the peppers and shallots to the pan then cook for 2 more minutes.2 green bell peppers, 2 small shallots
- Push the shrimp to the side of the pan and add the tomato paste. Let the tomato paste caramelize for 2-3 minutes, or until it had darkened and is sweet smelling. Stir it into the shrimp.2 tablespoon tomato paste
- Add the chicken or vegetable stock to the pan and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.½ cup chicken or vegetable stock
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.