Who loves crispy, crunchy veggies, roasted peanuts and a sweet Asian sesame salad dressing? I thought you might. (I do too!) I also love that this Asian salad recipe is not only one of the tastiest salads ever, it’s also super healthy. Like super crazy healthy.
I have confession to make: I’m on a D I E T. I can barely say the words out loud, never mind type those 4 letters together. Over the past year (can you believe it has almost been a whole year!) I’ve been stuffing my face full of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Bacon, Bourbon, Peanut Butter Cookies and Crispy (read: cooked in a pound of butter) Sweet Potato Fritters. My jeans have, much slower than I deserve, been fitting a little more snug.
That’s where this crunchy Asian salad comes in. Its basically come to my rescue. I’ve been eating huge bowls of this salad with a few slices of herb marinated steak or a piece of grilled fish on the side. Or sometimes I’ve eaten every last crunchy delicious bit of this salad all by itself. It’s that tasty.
Make sure to follow The Endless Meal!
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- For the dressing: 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated (preferably with a microplane)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Toss all remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to coat.
- That's it, enjoy!
Looking for more healthy and delicious salad recipes? Check out: