Who loves crispy, crunchy veggies, roasted peanuts and a sweet Asian sesame salad dressing? I thought you might. (I do too!) I also love that this Asian salad recipe is not only one of the tastiest salads ever, it’s also super healthy. Like super crazy healthy.
I have confession to make: I’m on a D I E T. I can barely say the words out loud, never mind type those 4 letters together. Over the past year (can you believe it has almost been a whole year!) I’ve been stuffing my face full of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream, Bacon, Bourbon, Peanut Butter Cookies and Crispy (read: cooked in a pound of butter) Sweet Potato Fritters. My jeans have, much slower than I deserve, been fitting a little more snug.
That’s where this crunchy Asian salad recipe comes in. Its basically come to my rescue. I’ve been eating huge bowls of this salad with a few slices of herb marinated steak or a piece of grilled fish on the side. Or sometimes I’ve eaten every last crunchy delicious bit of this salad all by itself. It’s that tasty.
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- For the dressing: 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated (preferably with a microplane)
- Salt to taste
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Toss all remaining ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Pour over dressing and toss to coat.
- That's it, enjoy!
Looking for more healthy and delicious salad recipes? Check out: