Asian Salad Recipe with Sesame Ginger Dressing
This super easy-to-make Asian salad recipe is packed full of healthy veggies and tossed in a tasty sesame ginger salad dressing. It's fresh and crunchy and a crazy delicious side dish.
Who loves crispy, crunchy veggies, roasted peanuts or cashews, and a sweet sesame salad dressing? This Asian salad recipe is hard not to fall in love with. Not only is it one of the tastiest salads ever, but it's also super healthy. Like super crazy healthy.
It's a carrot salad with sesame oil and ginger and cashews and has long been a mainstay here. It's so easy to whip up, and the flavors are bright and fresh. We love the crispy veggies, crunchy nuts, and tangy sesame dressing. Enjoy, friends!
Why this is our favorite easy Asian salad recipe
- It's full of crunch, but not too much. There are lots of crunchy carrots in this recipe, but they're grated. Grating the carrots gives them crunch but takes away the crunchiness extreme of chopped carrots.
- The dressing is simple and amazing. It has just the right amount of sweet and tart deliciousness and goes perfectly with the carrots.
- Cashews because salted cashews are everything.
- It's ridiculously easy to make. Love easy recipes!
How to make this Asian salad recipe
- Start by making the dressing. Just whisk the ingredients in a small bowl or shake them together in a mason jar. Easy!
- Now add the grated and chopped veggies to a salad bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
- All that's left to do is to grab a fork and dig in!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
How long does this last?
While this salad is best eaten shortly after you make it, it can easily be kept in your fridge and eaten for several days afterward. It's a great salad to make for meal prep!
What to serve with this Asian carrot salad
Here are a few of our favorite mains that go great with this salad:
- Slow Baked Asian Salmon
- Garlic Ginger Chicken
- Soy Sauce Chicken
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
- Juicy Baked Pork Chops
Easy salad recipes:
- Easy Asian Coleslaw with Orange Sesame Dressing
- Avocado Cucumber Salad
- Crispy Kale Salad with Roasted Beets and Spicy Candied Pecans
- Lifesaving Lemony Salad Dressing
- Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing
Asian Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Optional: ¼ cup roasted peanuts, almonds, or cashews (no peanuts for paleo)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey, omit for Whole30, use maple syrup for vegan
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, gluten-free if needed, coco aminos for paleo
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated (preferably with a Microplane)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk them together.2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 small garlic clove, A pinch of sea salt
- Add the remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat.2 medium carrots, 1 red pepper, 2 stalks celery, ¼ medium red onion, ¼ cup cilantro or parsley, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, Optional: ¼ cup roasted peanuts, almonds, or cashews (no peanuts for paleo)