Asian Salad Recipe with Sesame Ginger Dressing
This easy-to-make Asian salad recipe is packed full of healthy veggies and tossed in a tasty sesame ginger dressing. It's a fresh, crunchy, and crazy delicious side dish that takes just 15 minutes to make!
Who doesn't love a salad full of crispy veggies and crunchy roasted peanuts in a sweet sesame dressing? This easy-to-make Asian carrot salad is full of fresh and bright flavors. Not only is it super tasty, but it's also super healthy.
This versatile Asian salad with sesame oil, ginger, and cashews is on high rotation in our kitchen. It has a lot going for it and it's a crowd-pleaser. We love the delicious mix of crispy veggies, crunchy nuts, fresh herbs, and tangy sesame dressing. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Why we love this salad
Here are a few reasons why we love this Asian salad recipe:
- It's full of crunch – the right kind. We grate the carrots so they're easy enough to chew (unlike chopped carrots.)
- The dressing is simple but delicious. It's got the perfect sweet-tart combination and pairs perfectly with the subtle sweetness of the carrots.
- The salted peanuts offer the perfect taste and crunch.
- It's easy to make, and we love easy recipes!
Here's everything you'll need to make the Asian salad recipe:
- Red pepper
- Red onion
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Roasted peanuts
Here's what you'll need for the delicious Asian salad dressing:
- Sesame oil
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- Grated ginger
- Sea salt
How to make this Asian salad recipe
Here's how to make this Asian carrot salad at home in a few simple steps:
- Start by making the dressing. Just whisk the ingredients in a small bowl or shake them together in a mason jar. Easy!
- Now add the grated and chopped veggies to a salad bowl and pour the dressing over the top.
- All that's left to do is to grab a fork and dig in!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Variations to try
There are lots of ways to customize this beautiful Asian salad. Here are a few ideas to mix up:
- Add in some cooked edamame for more protein.
- Swap the peanuts for cashews or almonds.
- Use rainbow carrots for all their beautiful colors.
- Use black sesame seeds (or a mix of black and white) for visual pop.
- Add basil in place of some of the cilantro for a more bright flavor.
- Add some grated or julienned Asian pear for a more juicy crunch.
- Use orange juice instead of lemon in the dressing for a unique citrus-orange taste.
While this salad is best eaten shortly after you make it, it can easily be kept in your fridge and eaten for several days afterward. It's a great salad to make for meal prep!
How to serve Asian salad
This versatile carrot salad recipe is perfect for pairing with any Asian-inspired meal. We love serving it alongside some slow-baked Asian salmon or glazed hoisin chicken drumsticks and our favorite coconut rice.
Popular salad recipes
- Kale Apple Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- The BEST Kale Salad
- Asparagus Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- Healthy Asian Noodle Salad
Asian Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro , chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, can sub almonds or cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, gluten-free if needed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, grated (preferably with a Microplane)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Combine all the sesame dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake it well.2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 small garlic clove, A pinch of sea salt
- Add the Asian salad ingredients to a medium-sized bowl.2 medium carrots, 1 medium red pepper, 2 stalks celery, ¼ medium red onion, ¼ cup cilantro, 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss to coat.