Baked Sesame Ginger Chicken
This DELICIOUS baked Sesame Ginger Chicken is making a comeback. With only 5 minutes of prep time, you'll have a healthy dinner in the oven. What are you waiting for?
I firmly believe that if you are going to eat chicken, it needs to still have its skin on. There should be bones in it, too. I just don't understand the whole boneless, skinless chicken breast thing. That just sounds boring and bland. Food should never be boring or bland.
Too much fat in it you say? Just eat less of it. A little bit of wicked tasting food seems like a better idea than a lot of tasteless food, in my opinion.
Or how about just not worry about it. It's not 1992, and we now know that saturated fats aren't bad for us. Open a new tab and Google “saturated fats sugar industry” if you're not sure what I'm talking about. You'll be happy you did.
It'll be like getting permission to dig into another piece of this crazy delish Sesame Ginger Chicken.
They've got that sweet and salty thing going on that is so common in Asian-style recipes. They're also crazy easy to make. With about 5 mins of prep, you can pop them into your oven and let them cook themselves. So easy!
What to serve with sesame ginger chicken
- Smoky Parmesan Corn on the Cob
- Garlic Butter Asparagus
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Perfect Basmati Rice
- Quick Garlic Roasted Carrots
You'll want to lick your fingers after you eat this chicken. You'll also want to suck every last sweet, delicious morsel from the bones. This sesame ginger chicken can be made spicy if you want it to be (I always want it spicy) or mild if that's the way you roll. Either way, it is a little bit sweet with nutty sesame and fragrant ginger, lots of crispiness on the outside and tender chicken in the middle.
Have I mentioned that it is also:
- Incredibly easy to make
- Perfect for an Asian themed dinner party
- A hit with even the pickiest kids
- Makes the best leftovers
- And, eaten cold, is the perfect picnic fare
- Oh ya, it's wickedly awesome delicious, too!
Popular baked chicken recipes
- Juicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Baked BBQ Chicken
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken
Baked Sesame Ginger Chicken
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 heaping teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar, sub coconut sugar for paleo, omit for Whole30
- 1 heaping teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place the chicken in a medium-sized bowl and toss with the sesame oil. In a small bowl, combine all the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle over the chicken and toss to coat.8 chicken drumsticks or thighs, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, 3 heaping teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar, 1 heaping teaspoon powdered ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 cloves garlic, Optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side up, and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is brown and crispy, and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Get ready to lick your fingers!