This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Spanish chicken bake is made with pimiento-stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain, chorizo, bell peppers, and kale. Everything bakes together in one delicious pan. Chicken dinner doesn't get any easier or tastier than this!
Why we love this Spanish chicken bake
- We've added a generous amount of delicious Manzanilla Olives from Spain. These guys are buttery and have the most amazing flavor.
- Spanish chorizo. We ♥ you.
- Crispy bits of kale.
- Give it up for a one-pan dinner!
- 15 easy minutes of prep and this pan is ready to go into the oven and cook itself while you pour yourself a glass of wine and congratulate yourself on your pro kitchen skills.
- It's a healthy recipe that's Whole30 and dairy, sugar, and gluten-free.
Why we love Olives from Spain
Olives from Spain are really special and these Spanish Manzanilla Olives are the best I've tried. They have the most beautiful and subtle flavor that's truly delicious. Try putting out a plate at a party; they won't last long. (I've had friends nearly lose their minds when I've shared these with them. They're that good.)
But these little green gems are good for more than snacking on, they're great to cook with. I love adding them to rich chicken dishes, like this chicken and chorizo bake, or this Spanish Chicken and Cauliflower Rice.
We eat a lot of Olives from Spain around here. I love that they're healthy and I can feel good about feeding them to my family. My daughter loves these Spanish Manzanilla but goes CRAZY for Hojiblanca Olives from Spain. 1 out of every two olives eaten in Canada is from Spain and I'm fairly certain that she's responsible for those numbers.
What ingredients are in a Spanish Chicken Bake?
Don't be fooled by the shorter ingredient list. This Spanish chicken tray bake is full of flavor. We accomplish this by using boldly-flavored ingredients.
- Manzanilla Olives from Spain – their flavor works so well in savory chicken recipes like this one.
- Chicken thighs – they are so much more flavorful than chicken breasts and stay juicy even after a long bake in a hot oven.
- Spanish chorizo – a little goes a long way to really boost the flavor.
- Spanish paprika – beautifully smoky.
- Veggies – we're looking at you, onions, garlic, and peppers. You three are tasty.
- Kale – this may not be about flavor, but the kale that's at the top gets crispy and provides a delicious contrast.
What to serve with Spanish Chicken Bake
This is easily a one pot dinner recipe. Two juicy chicken thighs plus a whole heap of veggies is our idea of the perfect meal. But if you'd like a little something extra, these recipes go great with this chicken:
- Crispy Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
- Boursin Mashed Cauliflower Potatoes
- Roasted Broccolini with Tahini Yogurt
Check out these other recipes using Olives from Spain
- Easy Marinates Olives
- Stuffed Spanish Pork Chops
- Seared Tuna with Spanish Manzanilla Olive Tapenade
- Cheesy Roasted Garlic Olive Dip
- Spanish Breakfast Potatoes with Gordal Olives from Spain
Subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Baked Chicken Recipes
- Spanish Chicken and Cauliflower Rice with Olives
- Perfect Baked Chicken Breasts
- Braised Chicken with Tomatoes and Olives
- Bacon Apple Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels
- One Pan Lemon Chicken with Potatoes and Asparagus
- 2 cups pimiento-stuffed Manzanilla Olives from Spain (divided)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 ounces Spanish chorizo (thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 2 red bell peppers (thinly slices)
- 1 medium Spanish onion (sliced)
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 cups torn kale leaves (packed)
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coarsely chop 1 ½ cups of the Manzanilla Olives from Spain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the 1 ½ cups of chopped Manzanilla Olives from Spain, the chorizo, garlic, red peppers, onion, and rosemary and cook just until the veggies begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the kale to the skillet and let it wilt.1 tablespoon olive oil, 5 ounces Spanish chorizo, 4 cloves garlic, 2 red bell peppers, 1 medium Spanish onion, 1 sprig rosemary, 2 cups torn kale leaves
- Add the chicken thighs to the skillet, nestling them between the veggies. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the Spanish paprika, salt, and pepper.8 bone-in chicken thighs, 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika, 1 teaspoon EACH: salt and pepper
- Put the skillet into your oven and cook for 40 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of Manzanilla Olives from Spain around the skillet and serve right away.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.