This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you love the idea of sitting down to a delicious and healthy dinner in 25 minutes, you NEED these Sesame Chicken Bowls in your life.
I've got three words for you today: five. minute. dinner.
Joking, it's not a five-minute dinner. Is there even such a thing? But it's so crazy fast and easy to whip up that you'll be eating in what will FEEL like five minutes.
I don't know about you, but there're some days that I just don't want to spend in the kitchen. (How am I a food blogger, anyway?) I know you know what I'm talking about. You've worked hard all day, your stomach is screaming “FEED ME” and whipping up dinner feels like a chore. We've all been there!
And that, my OL pal, is why I'm sharing this super easy to make dinner that's ALSO super healthy and delicious.
5 steps to Asian sesame chicken bowls happiness game plan:
- Put on a pot of rice. Extra bonus points if you use Forbidden Rice
- Dip the chicken in hoisin-y sauce deliciousness.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on the chicken. Was that even a step? So easy!
- Slide the chicken into your oven.
- Open your ready-made bag of salad. Yes, we're opting for your favorite Asian-inspired bagged salad mix.
Wait, open a bag of salad? Did I just say that?
I need you guys to know something … I've kinda, sorta, maybe once in the past laughed at the idea of salad in a bag. It's true, I've done that. I've laughed and wondered, “Why not just make your own salad. It's not THAT hard.”
Sure, it's not that hard, but … opening a bag and pouring out all the veggies and nuts and crunchy little tasty bits and salad dressing all ready and made and delicious is WAY EASIER. Like, ridiculously easy.
And awesome. No apologies for this shortcut.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
More Delicious Salad Recipes:
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Grilled Buffalo Chicken Salad with Avocado Ranch
- Strawberry Avocado Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Roasted Winter Green Salad
- Arugula and Wild Rice Salad
- 1 lb. chicken breasts (cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon each hoisin sauce and soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- ¼ cup each: white and black sesame seeds
- 1 package of your favorite Asian-insprired bagged salad.
- Cooked rice (to serve I like to use Forbidden Rice)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Start the rice.
- Place the chicken breasts, hoisin, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a bag and squish the bag around so the chicken is coated.1 lb. chicken breasts, 1 tablespoon each hoisin sauce and soy sauce, ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- Mix the black and white sesame seeds in a small bowl. Scatter half onto a baking sheet – not the one you put the parchment on. Place the chicken onto the sesame seeds then sprinkle the remaining over the top. Make sure each piece of chicken is coated in sesame seeds, then transfer to the parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with a little sesame oil. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Be careful not to cook the chicken for too long or it will dry out.¼ cup each: white and black sesame seeds
- Toss the salad with the dressing and any extras that are in the bag and serve with cooked rice and the Sesame Asian Chicken.1 package of your favorite Asian-insprired bagged salad., Cooked rice
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.