Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo
Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo are crazy delicious and make the perfect summer dinner recipe. Plus, they can easily be made vegan + gluten-free!
If you're wondering what a hot dog recipe is doing here on The Endless Meal, let me assure you: these are no ordinary hot dogs, these are Hawaiian Hot Dogs. “What are Hawaiian hot dogs”, you say? I'm glad you asked.
Hawaiian hot dogs are topped with sweet and smoky grilled pineapple and smothered in (or drizzled on if smothering isn't your thing) teriyaki mayo. Make sure to sprinkle the optional cayenne pepper on the pineapple, so there's this sweet/smoky/spicy thing going on that I just absolutely love.
Bonus: they can easily be made vegan-friendly with some vegan mayo and a meatless hot dog. Or make them for your gluten avoiding pals by putting them on a gluten-free bun. Or ditch the bread for your paleo friends. Ok, I think you guys get it … these hot dogs don't discriminate.
Hawaiian hot dogs might look (and taste) like some sort of fancy pants hot dogs but trust me, they're only about 30 seconds more work than a regular Weiner on a bun. They're perfect for a hot, summer BBQ party.
Now please, drop whatever you are doing and go and make these Hawaiian hot dogs! Oh, and give me a shout so I can come over and help you eat them. 🙂
What to serve with Hawaiian Hot Dogs
- Bacon Kale Caesar Salad
- Easy Asian Coleslaw with Orange Sesame Dressing
- The Best Greek Salad
- Honey Garlic Corn on the Cob
- Grilled Maple Dijon Carrots
- Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Recipes for the Grill:
- Tropical Lime Hot Dogs with Sweet + Spicy Mayo
- Hot Dogs with Caramelized Onions
- Grilled Pork Ribs with Ponzu Sauce
- Chili Chicken Burger Bowls with Avocado Pesto
- Sticky Paleo Ribs with Chocolate BBQ Sauce
Hawaiian hot dogs are simple to make and so tasty. The sweet grilled pineapple and teriyaki mayo add just the right amount of sweetness. You will LOVE them!
- ½ a pineapple, cut in half then sliced
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- Optional: ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 hot dogs – meat or veggie, your choice!
- 8 brioche hot dog buns (gluten-free, if needed)
For the teriyaki mayo:
- ¼ cup real mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- ½ tablespoon lime juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Thinly sliced red onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro
- Preheat your grill to high and oil the grate.
- Combine all the teriyaki mayo ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
- Toss the pineapple slices with the oil then grill until grill marks appear, about 2 minutes. Flip the pineapple slices over, sprinkle with cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy), then remove the pineapple from the grill.
- Turn the grill down to medium-high and grill the smokies until they are cooked through, 7-10 minutes, turning a few times. Lightly toast the buns on the grill for about 1 minute.
- Serve the hot dogs with slices of grilled pineapple, teriyaki mayo, and some or all of the toppings.