Tropical Mango Hot Dogs with Sweet Spicy Mayo
These mango hot dogs are a tropical twist that's fun, fresh, and flavorful. Crispy smokies are topped with fruity mango salsa, creamy coleslaw, and a sweet and spicy mayo for a quick, crowd-pleasing weeknight dinner!
These are not your average hot dogs! We've turned a classic summertime cookout food into a tropical delight with the taste of mango, avocado, lime, and jalapeño.
Get your grill out because this fun and easy dinner is one that everyone will love. They're perfect for serving on warm weather weeknights, by the pool, or as fun food for any special occasion. The components can be prepared ahead of time so all you have to do is grill the hot dogs and buns when the time comes.
How to make tropical mango hot dogs
It's simple to make these delicious tropical mango hot dogs. Here's how they come together in a few easy steps:
- Crisscross slice the hot dogs and cook them until crispy on your preheated grill. Grill your buns for a few minutes too, if you'd like.
- While the hot dogs are grilling, work on the rest of your meal. Mix up the mango salsa by stirring together the mango, avocado, and jalapeño together in a small bowl.
- Make the sweet and spicy mayo by stirring all ingredients together in a separate small bowl.
- Stir the coleslaw mix together.
- Now assemble your hot dog by topping each bun with sweet mayo, coleslaw, a smokie, and some mango salsa. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
We keep things easy and breezy by using a bagged coleslaw for added crunch, while the homemade sweet and spicy mayo gives these dogs an extra kick. Here's everything you'll need to make these tropical mango hot dogs:
- Hot dogs + buns
- Coleslaw mix
Here's what you'll need for the creamy sweet & spicy mayo:
- Lime juice
Mango hot dogs: FAQS
Yes! Use 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon (to taste) of chipotle peppers in adobo, or your favorite hot sauce in place of the sriracha.
Yes, you can use agave syrup in place of the honey.
Yes! Both the coleslaw and sweet and spicy mayo can be made ahead of time. The coleslaw will keep in the fridge for up to a day, and the mayo will stay fresh for up to 5 days. It's best to make the mango avocado salsa when you're ready to eat it because the avocado will begin to turn brown.
Favorite hot dog recipes
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs with Grilled Pineapple and Teriyaki Mayo
- Hot Dogs with Caramelized Onions
- Chili Dogs
Tropical Mango Hot Dogs
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- ½ bag coleslaw mix, look for something tropical!
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
Sweet and Spicy Mayo
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Juice from ½ lime
- Preheat your grill to medium-high. Crisscross slice the tops of the hot dogs then grill them until cooked through and crispy where you sliced them. Optional: grill the buns for a few minutes.4 hot dogs, 4 hot dog buns
- While the hot dogs are grilling, prepare the rest of the meal. Make the mango salsa by mixing the mango, avocado, and jalapeño in a small bowl.1 mango, 1 avocado, 1 jalapeño
- In a small bowl, stir the sweet and spicy mayo ingredients together.⅓ cup mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon Sriracha, Juice from ½ lime
- Mix the coleslaw and any extras that are in the bag.½ bag coleslaw mix
- Top each hot dog bun with some sweet mayo, coleslaw, a smokie, and some mango salsa.