Grilled Corn Salad with BBQ Farmers Sausage
This post and the giveaway is sponsored by my good friends at Grimm's Fine Foods. All the opinions are my own.
I know I've been bombarding you guys with a host of grilled recipes lately, but I just can't help myself. You don't mind, do you? It's just that I can't think of any better way to make dinner in the summer than firing up the grill.
- Everything that spends some time on your BBQ gets infused with the most delicious smoky flavour.
- You don't have to turn on your oven when it's already a million degrees in your house.
- No dishes! Ok, almost no dishes.
- Everything tastes better grilled.
Speaking of #4 on the list, you really can BBQ just about anything. I normally think of throwing some steaks or smokies on the grill, but all kinds of veggies (like corn!) and even farmers sausage can get a delicious smoky makeover after a few minutes of live fire love.
This grilled corn salad has a little bit of everything I want in a salad:
- Crunchy celery and sweet peppers
- Smoky grilled corn
- Creamy avocado
- A delicious and slightly tangy dressing
- Little bites of flavour packed sausage
I made this recipe to be eaten as a side dish, but it could very easily be eaten as a quick and easy weeknight meal. Picture this: You get home from work. You're hungry. You're tired. Then, 20 minutes later you're sitting on your deck, cold beer in hand and a plate of grilled corn salad in front of you. Awesome, right?!
I recently teamed up with Grimm's Fine Foods, a local Canadian company that offers high-quality meat products, cheeses, snacks and tortillas and wraps. The idea was to create a few different recipes using some of their products and my BBQ.
I was sent a cooler full of smokies, wieners and sausages. You guys, I don't even know what to say except, “They were AMAZING!” Sorry for yelling at you like that, but everything I tried was just so frickin good. My absolute favourite was Grimm's Jalapeño and Mozzarella Smokies. I'm the kind of girl who loves heat. Normally when I see words like “japapeño” on a package I figure that it's there just to be a tease, as things are never actually hot. These smokies actually have a bite! I can't even tell how happy that makes me. 🙂
The Farmers Sausage I used in this recipe is super flavourful. If you wanted a little heat with dinner, you could always switch it with Grimm's Jalapeño and Mozzarella Smokies.
You know I'm always going to tell you first about how something tastes, but there is more to Grimm's than just great tasting food.
- Many of Grimm's products are gluten, soy and lactose-free. This means all your friends and family will be able to enjoy your feast.
- Grimm's uses premium ingredients in their products so you can feel good about what you're eating.
- Grimm's is a Canadian company and, since I'm Canadian too, I think that's pretty awesome.
- They're offering one lucky winner a cooler full of their products AND a BBQ set … how great is that?!!
Have I convinced you yet to try them out?
If you make this Grilled Corn Salad make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos!
Grimm's Fine Foods has generously offered Canadian readers of The Endless Meal the chance to win a cooler bag full of their products AND a BBQ set.
To all my friends from around the world: I promise to have a giveaway contest for you soon!
A Rafflecopter giveaway
- For the dressing:
- Zest from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice, from about ¼ orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice, from about 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, pureed
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- For the salad:
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 cobs of corn
- 4 Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Preheat your BBQ to medium high.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add the red and orange pepper, the red onion and the cherry tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Lightly coat the cobs of corn and Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds in the vegetable oil. Place them both on the BBQ and grill for 10 minutes, turning the sausage rounds once and the corn a few times. Remove them both from the grill.
- Cut Grimm’s Farmer Sausage Rounds into cubes and add it to the salad bowl.
- Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob and add them to the salad bowl. Add the avocado and toss to coat everything well.
This is a great salad to make at a BBQ as it can sit for at least an hour without losing quality