This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This frozen negroni is a slushy version of our go-to cocktail. It's everything we love about the sophisticated classic negroni blended up into an ultra-refreshing drink for summer. It's easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, and it's ready in just 5 minutes!
It's time to chill out! This blended version of a negroni is slightly sweet, boldly bitter, refreshing, and perfect for a hot summer day. It's an elevated frozen cocktail that's quick and easy to make using just a few ingredients.
If you're planning on making this frozen negroni slushy, you'll need to freeze some orange juice in ice cube trays ahead of time. Then, it's just like making a smoothie. Simply add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until slushy.
It's the perfect, grown-up way to cool down on a hot summer's day!
Frozen negroni ingredients
This frozen negroni recipe requires just four basic ingredients. Here's everything you'll need to make this refreshing slushy cocktail:
- Orange juice – ideally fresh orange juice (we freeze it in an ice cube tray for maximum slushiness.)
- Gin – any well-balanced dry gin will work here.
- Campari – this popular bitter Italian apéritif is a brilliant red-colored spirit made of a blend of herbs and spices.
- Sweet vermouth – this fortified wine is aromatized with botanicals.
- Ice cubes
- Orange wedge – an orange peel is a classic for serving a negroni as the sweet and bitter smell compliments a negroni perfectly. We use an orange slice to freshen it up, but you can omit it if you don't have an orange on hand.
You'll also need a high-speed blender to give this this frozen drink its smooth, slushy texture.
How to make a frozen negroni
Making a frozen negroni couldn't be easier. Here's how to make this slushy cocktail in a few easy steps:
- Begin by freezing the orange juice in ice cube trays. At the same time, chill the liquor in your freezer.
- When the orange juice is frozen, add it along with the gin, campari, sweet vermouth, and ice to your blender.
- Blend on high speed until completely smooth. If you prefer a thicker slushy, add more ice and blend again.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with an orange wedge. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
Can I make a frozen negroni ahead of time?
Because it's frozen, this drink is best served immediately. Prepare the orange juice cubes in advance, but wait to blend it until just before serving.
What kind of gin should I use?
Any type of dry gin without flavorings or botanicals will work well for this recipe.
When to serve a frozen negroni
This negroni slushy is a fun sophisticated drink with familiar cocktail flavors that everyone will love. Make a big batch when the temperatures rise. It's the perfect drink to hold in your hand on a hot summer day!
We love serving it before or after dinner at backyard gatherings, or on special occasions like birthday parties, bachelorette parties, or wedding showers.
Favorite negroni variations
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 1 cup gin
- 1 cup campari
- 1 cup sweet vermouth
- 5-6 cups ice cubes (see notes)
- Freeze the orange juice in ice cube trays. Chill the gin, campari, and sweet vermouth in your freezer.1 ½ cups orange juice
- Add the frozen orange juice, gin, campari, sweet vermouth, and ice to your blender.1 cup gin, 1 cup campari, 1 cup sweet vermouth, 5-6 cups ice cubes
- Blend on high speed until totally smooth, adding more ice if you want a thicker slushy.
- Pour your frozen negroni into glasses and garnish with an orange wedge.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.
For more inspiration, check out all of our negroni variations!