This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These super easy to make Chicken Lettuce Taco Boats are perfect for a healthy Mexican fiesta. The shredded chicken is smothered in a delicious chipotle, orange, and pineapple sauce and heaped inside crunchy lettuce wraps.
Friends, it's Taco Thursday!! We're making that a thing cause Cinco de Mayo is coming up and I can't stop myself from turning this blog into an everything Mexican food fiesta.
We're making that a thing cause Cinco de Mayo is coming up and I can't stop myself from turning this blog into an everything Mexican fiesta. Mexican food forever and always.
Bonus: If you've got peeps at your table who would rather stick to tradition, you can totally use regular tortillas. My handsome man pulled the corn flour out of the pantry and fried himself some tortillas when he realized these tacos were really lettuce wraps.
These Chicken Lettuce Taco Boats were inspired by an old recipe on the blog for a Pulled Chicken Sandwich. I added some pineapple, pulled out my crockpot, and did away with the sandwich part. I don't think there's any going back.
Although I'll be honest with you guys, I'm dying for anything and everything I'm not supposed to have. Like, in a miserable and grumpy two-year-old kind of way. I've never been very good at doing what I'm told and following the rules, even if those rules are self-imposed.
Today I was at the grocery store and wanted chocolate SO FRICKIN BAD! It wasn't a craving though, I only wanted it cause I'm not allowed to have it. Ok ok, those three packs of Ferrero Rocher that tease me at every checkout might have been a bit of a craving. What is it about those things that are so good? Seriously love them.
Anyway, enough about the chocolate I can't eat. Let's talk tacos.
Here's what you're going to do with these Chicken Lettuce Taco Boats
♡ Pop the chicken, pineapple, orange, and chipotle into your crock pot and turn it on.
♡ Walk away. ← How is that even a step? Ahh … worst pun ever.
♡ Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Pulled chicken is the best! Ok, maybe pulled pork is better. But whatevs.
♡ Pile that juicy chicken into lettuce wraps and top with some avocado slices and a bunch of fresh pineapple chunks.
♡ Dig in!
- 1 cup minced pineapple
- Juice from 2 large oranges (about ½ cup)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-4 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (depending on how spicy you like it (see notes))
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 chicken breasts
- Crispy lettuce ( living butter lettuce works the best)
- Sliced avocado
- Pineapple chunks
- In the bowl of your crock pot, mix the pineapple, orange juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, and Dijon mustard. Add the chicken breasts and set your crock pot to high for 3-4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.1 cup minced pineapple, Juice from 2 large oranges, 6 cloves garlic, 2-4 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 4 chicken breasts
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks.
- Pile the shredded chicken into the lettuce boats and top with sliced avocado, pineapple, and cilantro. I think it's best to let everyone make their own taco boats.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.