This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mexican street corn pasta is THE BEST! It's full of cherry tomatoes, black beans, sweet corn, a little bacon, and a deliciously creamy sauce.
Southwest corn pasta
This Tex-Mex corn pasta is a real family favorite. It's loaded with sweet corn and black beans and has some cherry tomatoes, bacon, and cheese mixed in for good measure. Then the whole thing is wrapped up in a creamy, southwest flavored sauce. It's delicious!
It's made quickly and easily on the stovetop making it ideal for weeknight dinners. And leftovers reheat very well so you can pack some for lunch at work or school the next day!
How to make this Mexican street corn pasta
- After putting a large pot of water on the stove to cook the pasta, cook the bacon in a large pan. When it's crispy, remove it from the pan.
- Cook the corn in some of the bacon oil then add the white parts of the green onion, seasonings, beans, and tomatoes then let them cook for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise to make the creamy sauce. Add the sauce, cilantro, cheese, and lime juice to the cooked pasta then sprinkle the crispy bacon on top to finish the dinner.
Full recipe in the recipe card below.
- Pasta – small shapes work best in this recipe. Shells are great as they hold lots of the sauce!
- Bacon – you can omit this for a vegetarian version.
- Corn – frozen (thawed) or fresh corn cut off the cob both work.
- Black beans – their small size work well in this recipe but you can sub a different kind of bean if you prefer.
- Cherry tomatoes – cut them in half so that their juices become part of the sauce
- Sour cream and mayonnaise – you can use the low-fat version of both if you'd like.
- Cilantro – if you're not a fan of the flavor you can omit it.
- Cheese – use queso for a more Tex-Mex vibe or feta if it's easier to find in your grocery store.
- Lime juice – fresh is always best.
Corn pasta FAQs
Can I make this a vegetarian corn pasta?
Yes! Simply omit the bacon and use oil to cook the veggies.
How long do leftovers keep?
Corn pasta will keep well for 3-4 days in your fridge.
How should I reheat the leftovers?
This pasta reheats best in a microwave or on low heat on your stovetop.
Is this spicy?
Nope! This is not a spicy recipe. If you'd like some heat, you can add chili flakes or habanero hot sauce.
What to serve with Tex Mex corn pasta
This recipe is easily a meal in itself. But if you do want some extra veggies, serve a side salad or these Mexican-style zucchini boats. Here are a few other recipes that go well with this pasta:
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Pea Salad with Bacon
- Creamy Lime Chipotle Dressing with some crispy romaine hearts
Popular pasta recipes
- Lemon Chicken Pasta
- Creamy Tomato Pasta
- Italian Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Mexican Pasta Salad with Creamy Chipotle Lime Dressing
- 12 ounces dry pasta (gluten-free, if needed)
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 cups corn ((see notes))
- 4 green onions (chopped (Greens and whites separate))
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 15 ounce can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water then drain the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot and toss with a little olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.12 ounces dry pasta
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove from the pan and crumble when it's cool enough to touch.4 strips bacon
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon oil from the pan. Increase the heat to medium-high then add the corn and stir so that it is coated in the oil then let it cook undisturbed for 4-5 minutes, or until some of the kernels become golden on the bottom. Add the white and light green parts of the green onions, chili powder, pepper, and salt to the pan and stir.3 cups corn, 4 green onions, 1 tablespoon chili powder, ½ teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the black beans and cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook until they're warm. Add the sour cream and mayonnaise and stir until warm, about 1 minute.15 ounce can of black beans, 2 cups cherry tomato halves, ½ cup sour cream, ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Add the corn sauce to the pot with the pasta and add the cilantro, cheese, and lime juice. Stir well then season to taste with more salt and pepper, if needed. If the pasta seems a little too thick, use some of the reserved pasta water to loosen it.½ cup chopped cilantro, ½ cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese, ¼ cup lime juice
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.