Creamy Coconut Lime Shrimp
Creamy Coconut Lime Shrimp has a bright lime flavor and is absolutely delicious. It's a healthy dinner recipe that will be on your plate in only 15 minutes.
Creamy Coconut Lime Shrimp for the healthy dinner time win!
Why you'll love this creamy coconut shrimp
- Creamy coconut + tangy lime juice creates a sauce that is totally addictive.
- Just the right amount of sweet, savory, and tart to keep you coming back for more.
- 15 minutes from start to finish. ← not even joking!
- As delicious over cauliflower rice or regular rice so that everyone at your dinner table is happy.
- Thai-inspired flavors, which we all love.
- That sauce! Seriously creamy. Seriously limy. Seriously delicious.
How to make coconut lime shrimp
This is a very easy recipe to make. Remember that shrimp cook quickly and turn rubbery if they are overcooked. 5 minutes is all the time they need.
- Saute the onions and garlic in some coconut oil.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and let them boil until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Now add the shrimp and let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in some cilantro.
And just like that, you've made coconut lime shrimp!
What to serve with this creamy coconut shrimp recipe
If I were only cooking for myself, I'd serve this over a bed of cauliflower rice and call it dinner. But since the other two at my table prefer regular rice, I like to make some veggies to round out the meal.
Sometimes I'll simply saute some bell peppers with the onion, garlic, and ginger. They stay in the pan as the sauce cooks. Or I'll throw in a bunch of spinach after the shrimp are cooked. Here are a few side dish recipes that go well with this recipe:
- Simple Cauliflower Rice
- Asian Salad Recipe with Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Golden Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- Sesame Coconut Kale Salad
- Stir-Fried Okra with Garlic, Chilis, and Lime
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite healthy shrimp recipes
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp Skillet with Green Peppers
- Roasted Red Pepper Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Eggs Benedict
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Boil Skewers
- Sticky Sesame Honey Shrimp with Ginger Broccoli
Creamy Coconut Lime Shrimp
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon each: minced garlic and minced ginger
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes, a generous ⅓ cup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon each: sriracha and soy sauce, gluten-free, if needed. Sub coco aminos for paleo
- 1 lb. peeled shrimp
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon each: minced garlic and minced ginger
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, honey, sriracha, and soy sauce to the pan and bring it to a boil. Let it boil, stirring several times, until the sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat so the sauce is simmering gently.14 ounce can coconut milk, Juice of 3 limes, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon each: sriracha and soy sauce
- Add the shrimp to the pan and let them cook for 5 minutes.1 lb. peeled shrimp
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro.¼ cup minced cilantro