This rich, creamy and totally dreamy Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce recipe is 100% dairy-free. You'll be amazed at how delicious vegan can be!
You guys, cauliflower alfredo sauce is E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G! Seriously, it's become my life. I know we're all on that get-healthy-in-January train right now (all aboard!) but I swear this cauliflower alfredo is going to see us through the whole year.
Don't get me wrong, regular alfredo sauce, with all its cream, butter, and cheese, is kick ass awesome. For our mouths. Not so much for our bellies. Jeans they be gettin' a tighter just thinkin' 'bout it!
But this alfredo sauce is something different. It's made from the highly skilled impersonator, cauliflower. It's cooked with some onions and garlic then blended into a smooth, creamy sauce with some veggie stock. I've flavored it with a little nutritional yeast … that weirdly awesome flaky stuff that tastes a little like parmesan cheese. Yummers.
I've been working on a little something exciting here these past few weeks, and this sauce has been a lifesaver. I can whip up a batch in all of 15 minutes then slather it on everything from spaghetti squash to pumpkin alfredo noodles to casserole. It's a total timesaver/ healthy hack.
Sidebar from the cauliflower alfredo … want to hear about this thing I've been working on? Hooray, so glad you say, “Yes!”
I've been developing an online course called #OhMyBlog. It's designed to help teach all the future bloggers out there how to start their own blog. Eek … I'm so excited about this! It's a fully guided, step-by-step course that will walk you through everything you need to know to start your blog. There are over 30 comprehensive videos + live group coaching sessions, and so much more. I could go on and on about this (can you tell I'm excited) but I'll save that for when I officially release the course next week. 🙂
Update: The course has been released. See #OhMyBlog to learn all about it!
I feel like I can be honest with you guys. You and I are OL buds, and sharing the truth is important. I wanted to tell you that there's no way in the world that you'd be able to tell the difference between this veggie-full alfredo and a regular ol' alfredo sauce, but I'd be fibbing if I said that.
I'm pretty sure that if you haven't eaten dairy in a while you might think there is no difference. It's kinda like when I was a vegetarian I'd say things like, “This veggie breakfast sausage tastes EXACTLY like the real thing!” And then any carnivore sitting within earshot would burst into laughter.
That's what cauliflower alfredo sauce is like … exactly like the real thing, if you can't exactly remember what the real thing tastes like. It's rich, creamy and coats whatever you're serving it with in a sauce that truly resembles alfredo. Almost.
My handsome said, “This would be perfect if only it had some parmesan cheese in it.” I like it just the way it is. Vegan + paleo + super healthy + delicious = totally my style.
Turning that cauliflower sitting on your counter into alfredo sauce is super easy. Once you've got it made, you can either use it right away or save it for later. I like to make a big batch and then use it a few times throughout the week. It's great poured over spaghetti squash and baked in the oven, mixed with pumpkin and spooned over zucchini noodles, or spooned over fettuccini and topped with seared veggies.
Your Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo Game Plan:
♡ Saute the onions and garlic then add the cauliflower and some stock to a pan. Let the cauliflower soften. Pat yourself on the back; you're almost there.
♡ Pour the cauliflower into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You're so close to being finished!
♡ Season the cauliflower alfredo and dig in!
See how easy that was? It's almost ridiculous in its simplicity but still manages to be so tasty.
Enjoy, my friends!
If you make this Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!Print
This rich, creamy and totally dreamy cauliflower alfredo is 100% dairy-free. You'll be amazed at how delicious vegan can be!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (see notes)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt (I like 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (sub coco aminos for paleo)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon butter (vegan or regular butter both work, use what you have on hand)
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower and the vegetable stock or water to the pot, cover with a lid and let the cauliflower steam for 5 minutes, or until it is soft.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a blender (I love my Vitamix, but any blender will work) and blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (starting with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast and 1 teaspoon of sea salt) and blend again. Taste and add more nutritional yeast and sea salt, if you'd like. If you are using the optional butter add it now and blend once more.
- Either use the Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo right away or pour it into a pan to keep warm until you are ready to use it.
Nutritional yeast can be bought from some major grocery stores, and most health food stores. You can also purchase it online through Amazon.
If the alfredo is too thick (this can happen if you're blending it with a regular blender) simply add a little extra water or stock.
More dreamy vegan recipes: