This Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo is creamy and full of flavour. If you're looking for a delicious, healthy and easy to make weeknight meal, look no further.
We've been going a little alfredo sauce C.R.A.Z.Y. over here this past month. I hope you guys will bear with me. I just can't get enough of this stuff. You feel the same, right?
I take no blame for it. It's 100% the Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo‘s fault. If it wasn't so freaking good I wouldn't want to put it on everything.
It was pretty much screaming at me to use it in this vegan spaghetti squash alfredo. Tender strands of spaghetti-like squash all smothered in the creamiest alfredo sauce ever. Umm … Yes!
This is one serious bowl of creamy comfort food.
It also happens to be one giant boat of vegetables. The spaghetti squash is obviously a vegetable, the tricky sauce is really just come cauliflower disguising itself as alfredo and the crispy topping is onions. Oh baby, come to mama.You know how I feel about vegetables. Ya, we get along. And when they go all incognito and h Oh baby, come to mama.
You know how I feel about vegetables. Ya, we get along. And when they go all incognito and show up on my plate looking like a big foodie bear hug … Oh baby, come to mama.
If you make this Vegan Spaghetti Squash Alfredo recipe make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- 1 recipe Dreamy Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Optional: ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes and parsley, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon butter (Earth Balance makes a good vegan butter)
- ¼ cup panko (or sub gluten free breadcrumbs, if needed)
- ¼ cup crispy fried onions (see notes)
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut each spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Pour the oil over the insides and spread it around with your fingers. Place on the prepared baking sheet flesh side down and roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the spaghetti squash strands loosen easily with a fork. While the squash is roasting, prepare the Dreamy Vegan Alfredo Sauce.
- To make the topping, melt the butter in a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the panko and stir until toasted, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the crispy onions.
- When the squash is soft, remove it from the oven and turn the oven to broil. Carefully (they will be hot!) use a fork to loosen the strands of spaghetti. Pour the alfredo evenly over each spaghetti squash half then top with the topping.
- Place the spaghetti squash alfredo boats back into the oven and broil for 3-4 minutes, or until the topping begins to brown. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with a few crushed chili flakes and a little parsley and serve immediately.
If you can't find any you can fry some onions yourself. Make sure to slice them very thin as they will crisp better this way.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Easy Marinated Olives from Spain - June 21, 2018
- Grilled Southwest Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with BBQ Hummus - June 19, 2018
- 20 Minute Cashew Chicken Zoodles - June 16, 2018