This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Spaghetti Squash Alfredo is creamy and full of flavor. If you're looking for a delicious and easy to make weeknight meal, look no further.
We've been going a little alfredo sauce C.R.A.Z.Y. over here this past month. I hope you guys will bear with me. I just can't get enough of this stuff. You feel the same, right?
It was pretty much screaming at me to use it in this spaghetti squash alfredo. Tender strands of spaghetti-like squash all smothered in the creamiest alfredo sauce ever. Umm … Yes!
This is one serious bowl of creamy comfort food.
- 2 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons EACH: butter and all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut each spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes. (Save the seeds to roast!)
- Place the squash cut side up on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes, until it is tender. Remove it from the oven and when it is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti and place it into a large bowl. Save the squash shells.2 medium spaghetti squash
- While the squash is baking, make the sauce. Melt the butter in a medium-sized frying pan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk for 1 minute, until it turns light brown.2 tablespoons EACH: butter and all-purpose flour
- Add a splash of milk and whisk it into the flour. Continue to whisk in the milk, about ¼ cup at a time, until the sauce is smooth. Once the sauce is smooth, add any remaining milk. Whisk in the parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, and if using chili flakes.1 ½ cups whole milk, 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon minced parsley, ½ teaspoon EACH: sea salt and pepper, ½ teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the spaghetti squash and use tongs to mix it together. Divide the spaghetti squash alfredo between the 4 empty spaghetti squash shells.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and broil for 4-5 minutes, until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden. Serve right away.1 cup shredded mozzarella
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.