Well hello again! I know it has been a while and I want to thank you for not forgetting about me entirely. You didn’t forget about me did you? I won’t hold it against you if you did, it has been more days than I can count on both my hands.
So to make up for my disappearing act I decided to bake you some crispy apple chips. Seriously, these things are so good. They almost taste like they should be bad for you but I swear to you they’re not. They’re made up entirely of apples tossed with just a little lemon juice and cinnamon Yep, that’s it. Don’t you love it when food tastes good, is easy to make AND is actually healthy for you too? Makes me want to do a 1990’s style fist pump while yelling, “SCORE!”
If you make these Baked Apple Chips make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Line baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the apples crosswise into thin rounds. Don't worry about removing the seeds, they'll fall out or shrivel up as they cook.
- Toss the apple slices in a little fresh squeezed lemon juice. Sprinkle a little cinnamon over top and toss to coat.
- Lay apples in a single sayer on the parchment cover baking sheet. It is ok if they over lap just a little bit.
- Bake for 1 hour then remove from oven. Carefully (they'll be hot!) flip over apple chips. Return to oven and bake for about 1 more hour.
- Watch carefully near the end so they do not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cook completely. Store in a sealed container.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Summer Veggie Skillet Enchiladas - July 22, 2016
- Lemongrass Vietnamese Meatballs - July 19, 2016
- Grilled Jerk Chicken Tacos with Gold Kiwifruit Salsa and Sweet Coconut Plantains - July 15, 2016