You know when you think you've come up with a truly great idea? An idea no one else in the world has ever had. Like when I was about 8 and my sister and I started putting honey on cheddar cheese. We thought we were the first people ever to have come up with that idea. (It was quite a shock to me when I first saw honey served on a cheese and charcuterie plate, seriously)
I feel a little like that today. I thought I was the first person on the planet to come up with the idea to put pesto on their popcorn. Pesto plus popcorn, I mean, it does seem a little strange, right?
Turns out that somebody beat me to that idea. A whole lot of people beat me to that idea. There are 1,350,000 different results for pesto popcorn on Google. If this were a race, I would have seriously lost.
Luckily it's not a race. And if you haven't already joined the pesto popcorn fan club, you should. Do you love pesto? Silly question, I know. Do you love popcorn? Another silly question, I know. Then you're going to love pesto popcorn.
It's nothing but cheesy, basil-y, popcorn-y goodness. Welcome to the club!
Pesto popcorn is the ultimate snack. It's salty, cheesy and super flavourful. I promise you won't make it far through your movie before it's gone!
- Popcorn kernels
- Grapeseed oil
- Homemade or store-bought pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add the popcorn kernels so they cover the bottom of the pot in a single layer.
- When the popcorn starts to pop, lift the pot just barely off of the element and shake it back and forth until the corn stops popping.
- Toss the popcorn to coat with pesto and parmesan cheese. Season to taste with sea salt.
To make homemade pesto: chop garlic and basil together on a chopping board. Drizzle olive oil over top and continue chopping to get a chunky paste-like consistency. Salt to taste.
I've left the ingredient amounts blank on purpose. Add more or less of the ingredients as you like. I personally like lots of pesto and cheese on mine 🙂
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Strawberry Basil Mojito - April 17, 2018
- Classic Broccoli Coleslaw with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing - April 13, 2018
- Super Simple Homemade Coconut Yogurt with Chia Strawberry Jam - April 10, 2018