No Bake Energy Bites // Energy Balls // Bliss Balls // Healthy Nut Balls
Whatever you call them, I know you love them. And really, when they taste this good who really gives a _____what they're called.
These guys were supposed to last all week. I had visions of healthy snacking: rooibos tea in one hand, energy bite in the other, somehow managing to pretend I'm working all the while. With the onslaught of Christmas baked goods – Nanaimo Bars, Shortbread Cookies and at least 500 butter tarts – just around the corner I thought I would spend the next week or so being nice to my body.
But … my plan got derailed by that very handsome man of mine who made short work of most of the bag full of energy bites in the fridge. I'm telling you they were that good.
The only few energy bites that survived the manly snack attack actually tasted even better after a few days. The almond butter taste mellowed a bit and the flavours seemed to melt together. Deelish!
If you make these No Bake Energy Bites make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.Print
These delicious and healthy energy bites take only minutes to make and are the perfect answer to your snack attack.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup almond butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup to keep these vegan)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir till everything is well combined then roll into 1 inch balls. That's it! (almost too easy to be true)
- Let them chill for about an hour in your fridge before storing them. I put them all in a ziplock bag in the fridge and it worked perfect.
Recipe adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots
For more awesome energy ball recipes check out The Great Ball Recipe Roundup over at My Healthy Nest