No Bake Energy Bites
No Bake Energy Bites are the healthy snack you need to see you through the afternoon. They are easy to make, freeze well, and are loved by both kids and adults. Keep a batch on hand for whenever you need a little pick me up!
These No Bake Energy Bites were originally published in 2013.
No bake energy bites, energy balls, or bliss balls, whatever you call them, I know you love them. And really, when they taste this good who really gives a hoot what they're called.
These little bites are filled with oats, coconut, almond butter, chopped pecans, and healthy chia seeds. They're the perfect addition to our Back to School Snack Week!
Why you'll love these no bake energy bites
- No bake always wins. Mix, roll into balls, and done! Seriously, that's how easy they are to make.
- They'll keep for at least a week on your counter or a month or more in your freezer. Quick and easy snacking!
- Toasted nuts + coconut + chewy oats + a little sweet maple syrup is an irresistible combination.
- They pack well so if nuts are allowed in your kids' school, pop one into their lunch box. If not, these make a great after school snack. We often take them with us on hikes and bike rides for quick fuel along the way.
- Being low in sugar and calories, you can feel good about snacking on them.
READ MORE: Nut Free Granola Bars
How to make no bake energy bites
Are you ready for this? You might want to brace yourself. To make no bake energy bites you need to:
- Mix together the ingredients and form them into balls.
While they are delicious right from the start, I find that the flavors mellow and blend together better after a few hours. Don't be discouraged from trying one right away. Just know that they'll be even better tomorrow.
If you love packable snacks for on the go, make sure you check out these recipes:
- Spicy Rum and Rosemary Mixed Nuts
- AB&J Breakfast Thumbprint Cookies
- Homemade Trail Mix
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Energy Balls Recipes
- Coconut Lemon Energy Balls
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Magic Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- Healthy Trail Mix Protein Bites
No Bake Energy Bites
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup toasted coconut
- ½ cup almond butter, at room temperature (can sub peanut butter)
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- ¼ cup maple syrup, can sub honey
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, hemp hearts, or flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Stir till everything is well combined then roll into 1 inch balls. That's it! (almost too easy to be true)1 cup rolled oats, 1 cup toasted coconut, ½ cup almond butter, ½ cup chopped toasted pecans, ¼ cup maple syrup, 2 tablespoons chia seeds, hemp hearts, or flax seeds, 1 teaspoon vanilla, ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Let them chill for about an hour in your fridge before storing them. I put them all in a ziplock bag in the fridge and it worked perfect.