Apple Pumpkin Oatmeal with Maple Pecan Crumble
This easy to make and healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal is dotted with apples and topped with sweet and crunchy pecans. It’s the perfect autumn breakfast!
Goooood morning, sunshine! Yes, I'm calling you sunshine. I hope you're ok with that. It's just that with autumn creeping near and chilly mornings upon us I think we all need a little extra love.
I don't know about you, but when I wake up and the air is chilly all I want to do is shut off my alarm, pull the covers over my head, and wait till the world warms up. I should have been born a bear so I could eat all summer and sleep/ hide away from the cold all winter. Doesn't that sound perfect?
I'm not going to lie, it was dreaming about this warm bowl of apple pumpkin oatmeal that coaxed me out of my toasty warm bed this morning. That and the fact that I get to share this bowl of deliciousness with you.
It is a bit odd since normally I'm not a fan of oatmeal. It's just too bland, boring (yawn) and mushy for my taste. If you feel the same, don't run away from me yet.
This apple pumpkin oatmeal you see here is an oatmeal game-changer. It's full of bring-on-autumn pumpkin pie flavor (not bland!), in every bite you get a soft bite of sweet apple (not boring!) and the best part is the sweet and crunchy maple pecan crumble (not mushy!)
Pumpkin oatmeal is totally where it's at.
I'm about 100% sure that this pumpkin oatmeal is going to be my #1 reason for getting out of bed from now until spring. It's a good thing that it's easy enough to make while I'm waiting for the coffee to brew and quick enough to make that I can press snooze a time or twenty.
I think we should both make a pound of the maple pecans to have on hand for those mornings when twenty snoozes just aren't enough. If you have the pecans ready to go, you can whip this up in just 5 minutes.
Pumpkin oatmeal just might turn me into a morning person yet. Gasp!
Also, try this delicious apple cinnamon oatmeal!
If you love oatmeal, make sure to check out our other oatmeal recipes:
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Berry Chia Jam
- Coconut Triple Chocolate Oatmeal with Chia Power Crunch Clusters
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
- Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Favorite Fall Breakfast Recipes
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
- Chocolate Nut Superfood Granola
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
This easy to make and healthy pumpkin oatmeal is dotted with apples and topped with sweet and crunchy pecans. It's the perfect autumn breakfast!
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (for vegan butter, if needed)
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 small apple, diced
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Turn your oven to 425 degrees. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and add the pecans to the dish. Toast the pecans in your oven for 5 minutes. Note: you don't have to wait for your oven to finish preheating. When the pecans are lightly browned, take them out of the oven and toss them with the maple syrup, butter and sea salt. Put them back in the oven for 2-3 minutes, keeping a close eye on them so they don't burn.
- While the pecans are in the oven, begin cooking the oatmeal. In a small pot over medium-high heat add the rolled oats, 3 cups of water and the diced apple and bring it to a boil. Let it cook, stirring occasionally until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Serve the pumpkin oatmeal topped with the maple pecan crumble.
You can substitute plain canned pumpkin for the pumpkin pie mix, but you'll want to add a little more cinnamon, some allspice, nutmeg and a small splash of maple syrup.