If you love PB&J sandwiches, you will LOVE Peanut Butter Oatmeal. It's an easy to make, and healthy vegan breakfast. With 14 grams of protein and only 381 calories, you'll want to make this porridge recipe every day!
Friends! Mornings just got a whole lot more delicious.
I'd like to introduce you to Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Berry Chia Jam. And yes, it is every bit as delicious as it sounds. If you're a fan of PB&J, then this oatmeal was made for you.
Oats and I have a bit of a funny history together. There were nearly 36 years where we did not get along. Like, at all. I thought they were slimy and tasteless and blah.
Then some invisible oat loving magic wand was waved and I was cured of my oatmeal phobia. Seriously guys, it was strange. One morning, I woke up craving a bowl of oatmeal. It's been almost a year since that magical morning and my new found love for oatmeal is still going strong.
The thing with oatmeal is that it IS bland and blah if all you're doing is adding some water and letting it boil away for a few minutes. I mean it's REALLY really boring all on its own. To make oatmeal exciting and delicious you have to add the taste to it.
And that's where Peanut Butter Oatmeal comes in. Creamy peanut butter, sweet jam and a little coconut milk all swirl around each other and transform boring ol' oats into a bowl of pure morning heaven. ?
This peanut butter oatmeal is awesome because …
♡ It tastes like a PB&J sandwich, only in delicious oatmeal form.
♡ It'll make your mornings happy.
♡ It tastes like a treat, but it's totally healthy.
♡ It turns vegan breakfasts into the best breakfasts ever.
♡ It's easy enough to make before work. Pop the pot on the stove before you take a shower and breakfast will be ready when you are. If you press snooze as many times as I do you might have to swap the homemade chia jam for a store-bought jar in your fridge. But hey, I won't tell anyone!
♡ It's pretty enough to wake up to on your Sunday mornings. Peanut butter oatmeal + giant mug of coffee + your favorite person = the best Sunday ever!
And speaking of a favorite person … I've got some news for you guys. I'm going to wait till tomorrow to share it with you guys, but this is a little heads up to keep your eye out for a big announcement. 🙂
If you make this Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Berry Chia Jam make sure you snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural, creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ripe berries, or frozen and thawed if out of season (raspberry and strawberry are my favorite)
- ½ teaspoon chia seeds
- Optional: ½ teaspoon honey
- Optional toppings: chia seeds, a scoop of peanut butter (see notes), berries, and milk of your choice (I like coconut milk in mine)
- Place the rolled oats with 2 cups of water in a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft. Stir in the peanut butter.
- While the oats are cooking, make the jam. In a small bowl, mash the ripe berries with the chia seeds and, if using, the honey.
- Pour into a bowl and swirl the jam on top. Serve with any or all of the toppings.
Love oatmeal? Try these kick ass recipes!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Summer Veggie Grilled Steak Tacos - June 25, 2017
- Grilled Zucchini Salad with Corn, Chickpeas, Sprouts and a Creamy Sunflower Dressing - June 23, 2017
- Blog Income Report – May 2017 - June 22, 2017