Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Berry Chia Jam
If you love PB&J sandwiches, you will LOVE Peanut Butter Oatmeal. It's an easy to make and healthy breakfast recipe. With nearly 14 grams of protein and only 366 calories, you'll want to make this quick porridge recipe every day!
Friends! Mornings just got a whole lot more delicious. I'd like to introduce you to Peanut Butter Oatmeal. And yes, it is every bit as delicious as it sounds. If you're a fan of PB&J, then this oatmeal was made for you.
This peanut butter oatmeal is awesome because
- It tastes like a PB&J sandwich, only in delicious oatmeal form.
- It'll make your morning happy.
- It tastes like a treat, but it's totally healthy.
- It turns vegan breakfasts into the best breakfasts ever.
- It's easy enough to make before work. Pop the pot on the stove before you take a shower and breakfast will be ready when you are. If you press snooze as many times as I do, you might have to swap the homemade chia jam for a store-bought jar in your fridge. But hey, I won't tell anyone!
- It's pretty enough to wake up to on your Sunday mornings. Peanut butter oatmeal + giant mug of coffee = the best Sunday ever!
Is peanut butter oatmeal healthy?
Yes! Whole grain oats and protein-packed peanut butter sit firmly in the healthy food category. Sweetened naturally with fruit and a little optional honey or maple syrup, this oatmeal is a great way to start your day.
Try adding a chopped banana on top and get a whole serving of fruit first thing in the morning!
Healthy toppings for peanut butter oatmeal
- Nuts. Peanuts are the obvious, but other nuts are tasty, too. Try toasted pecan, walnuts, or even hazelnuts.
- Fruit. Raspberries, strawberries, and blueberries can be used fresh or frozen. Chopped bananas or peaches are tasty, too.
- Coconut milk. From a can for the best coconut flavor.
- Yogurt. Dollopped on the top.
- Sweetener. We like honey or maple syrup the best.
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Vegan Oatmeal Recipes:
- Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
- Coconut Triple Chocolate Oatmeal
- Apple Pumpkin Oatmeal with Maple Pecan Crumble
If you love PB&J sandwiches, you will LOVE Peanut Butter Oatmeal. It's an easy to make and healthy vegan breakfast. With nearly 14 grams of protein and only 366 calories, you'll want to make this porridge recipe every day!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons natural, creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons ripe berries, or frozen and thawed if out of season (raspberry and strawberry are my favorite)
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- Optional toppings: chia seeds, a scoop of peanut butter (see notes), berries, and milk of your choice (I like coconut milk in mine)
- Place the rolled oats with 2 cups of water in a small pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft. Stir in the peanut butter.
- While the oats are cooking, make the jam. In a small bowl, mash the ripe berries with the chia seeds and, if using, the honey.
- Pour into a bowl and swirl the jam on top. Serve with any or all of the toppings.
For extra quick peanut butter oatmeal, use quick oats and top with store-bought jam instead of making your own.
To drizzle the peanut butter like I've done in the pictures you'll want to add a little water to the peanut butter, just until it is pourable. It won't affect the taste, but it does make it extra pretty.