Coconut Turmeric Latte
Upgrade your morning ritual with this coconut turmeric latte. It's brewed coffee blended with coconut oil, turmeric powder, and black pepper. It's easy to make, tastes delicious, and it's ready in minutes!
Table of contents
Start your day the healthier way with this coconut turmeric latte! Unlike many turmeric latte recipes, this one is made with coffee so it's the perfect addition to your morning routine.
It's a tasty take on bulletproof coffee, a popular trend that caught the attention of many coffee drinkers (including us). Among its benefits, bulletproof coffee is said to increase or sustain energy levels.
In this version, we swap the butter for coconut oil to keep it vegan, and include turmeric and black pepper because they're a dynamic duo that supports your immune system. Don't worry though, the turmeric taste is subtle and is mostly masked by the coffee flavor.
We know it can be hard to change up a morning routine, but saying goodbye to caffeine crashes and sniffles feels like good motivation to try something new. Plus, it's not really giving anything up, just adding a healthy boost.
With just four simple ingredients, it's super easy to make at home, even if you're in a rush. Simply add your morning cup of coffee to a blender along with the coconut oil, turmeric, and black pepper. Give it a whiz until it's frothy, then pour it into mugs (or take it to-go)!
Why is turmeric so healthy?
Turmeric, or its most active compound curcumin, has many well-researched health benefits. In therapeutic doses, it's a potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-viral, and can help with aches and pains, skin conditions, and digestive disorders.
While there's only a ¼ teaspoon in this turmeric latte, we like to think that a little bit goes a long way!
Coconut turmeric latte ingredients
This turmeric latte recipe has just four simple ingredients. Here's what you need to make it:
- Brewed coffee – just a regular mug of our daily brewed coffee is what we use.
- Coconut oil – look for unrefined virgin coconut oil. It's the purest form with no additives, so you can reap all its benefits.
- Turmeric powder – turmeric powder can range in color from bright yellow to deep yellow-orange. For the best flavor and maximum health benefits, make sure your ground turmeric is fresh. In other words, toss the turmeric that's been hiding in the back of your cupboard for ages.
- Black pepper – when consumed together, black pepper actually helps make turmeric more bioavailable to the body.
How to make a coconut turmeric latte
A coconut turmeric latte might sound exotic, but it's actually really easy to whip up. Let's make one!
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on high until frothy.
- Pour it into a mug and top it with a sprinkle of turmeric. That's it!
Full recipe instructions are in the recipe card below.
If you don't have a blender, you can make it with a milk frother or immersion blender. Alternatively, you could try using a whisk, or shaking it in a heat-proof jar or container, but it won't get as frothy as it will with a blender.
Grass-fed butter is the real bulletproof way of making coffee so definitely yes, you can!
Turmeric is many health benefits, and so does coffee. So this tasty turmeric coffee is a delicious and healthier take on your daily ritual.
While we love fresh turmeric, ground turmeric is really what you need for this recipe.
How to make a creamy coconut latte (aka golden milk)
If you love a creamy coconut latte, also known as golden milk or turmeric milk, you can use this recipe as a start. Then add in ½ cup of warm coconut milk, almond milk, or other non-dairy milk before you blend it (just note that it will no longer be a bulletproof recipe).
Here are some other ways to make it your own:
- Swap the coffee for espresso, or use decaf and enjoy it any time of day!
- Add some sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle in other warming spices like ground cinnamon, ground ginger, or cardamom powder.
Also, try this turmeric shot!
More tasty coffee drinks
Coconut Turmeric Latte
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 mug brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon powdered turmeric
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Add the coffee, coconut oil, turmeric, and black pepper to your blender.1 mug brewed coffee, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, ¼ teaspoon powdered turmeric, 1 pinch black pepper
- Blend on high speed until very frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into your coffee mug and (if you'd like) sprinkle a little extra turmeric on top to make it pretty.