Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal
Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal is a quick, healthy, and delicious vegan + gluten-free breakfast. It's made with coconut milk and topped with tropical fruit. You will LOVE how light and summery this porridge is!
I know the idea of summertime oatmeal probably sounds a little odd. I mean, normally I think of oatmeal as a warm start to a wintery day. This coconut oatmeal, with all the tropical flavors, is 100% summer approved.
It's like a piña colada, in coconut oatmeal form. That might sound strange but believe me when I say, “THIS is the oatmeal you want to eat this summer.”
The oats are slowly simmered in coconut milk and water until they are super rich, creamy, and totally delicious. They're topped with a trio of tropical fruit and sprinkled with a malty little coconut sugar. Big time yum.
Healthy bonus … this coconut oatmeal is totally vegan and totally awesome. 🙂
Reasons to get your coconut oatmeal on:
- You like summer, and this tastes like summer in a bowl.
- You like oatmeal, and this oatmeal is kick ass delicious.
- You want to head to the beach, but you're too stinkin' hungry.
- It's 100% plant-based goodness.
- It's a gluten-free breakfast like no other.
- You're a coconut feen, like me!
Remember to subscribe to THE ENDLESS MEAL'S NEWSLETTER for FREE to get healthy and delicious recipes each week + our cookbook!
Easy Vegan Oatmeal Recipes:
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal with Berry Chia Jam
- Whipped Almond Butter Oatmeal with Caramelized Bananas
- Coconut Triple Chocolate Oatmeal
- Overnight Oats
- Apple Pumpkin Oatmeal with Maple Pecan Crumble
Coconut Oatmeal Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 cup oats, gluten-free, if needed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 banana, sliced
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, extra coconut milk, coconut or brown sugar
- Add the oats, coconut milk and 2-3 cups of water to a small pot over high heat. (See notes about water.) Bring the pot to a boil, stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the oats are soft.1 cup oats, 1 cup coconut milk
- While the coconut oatmeal is cooking, slice the top and the bottom off the orange. Place the orange on your cutting board and cut off the rind then slice it into circles.1 orange
- Top the coconut oatmeal with the orange slices, mango, banana and any or all of the optional toppings.1 mango, 1 banana, Optional toppings: shredded coconut, extra coconut milk, coconut or brown sugar
- Happy breakfast!
I love all things coconut so this was right up my alley. I topped it with a little brown sugar and it was excellent.
I had steel cut oatmeal this morning with: almond milk, blueberries, flax seeds, Brazil nuts,, pumpkin seeds. No sugar or sweetener of any kind for me. Sometimes strawberries. Will use my Thai organic coconut milk tomorrow.
It’s so fun to come up with different flavor combos for oatmeal isn’t it? I hope you love my coconut version!
Is this tinned coconut milk? Or the boxed versions?
It’s the canned version. 🙂
Haha, no way! Oatmeal for every season! Just had my porridge this morning! Could not live without!
Oatmeal is the best, isn’t it?! I could seriously eat it every day, too. 🙂