This delicious Healthy Apple Crisp is made without any flour, butter, or refined sugar. Sweet apples, topped with a coconut, pecan, and oat crumble, are baked until soft and sweet. It's an easy to make dessert that is perfect for autumn parties or Thanksgiving dinner.
Friends! It's fall, and to celebrate (err, make up for it. you know how I really feel about autumn) I've got three exciting things I want to share with you. Are you ready for it?
#1: I've made you a Healthy Apple Crisp. Yes, healthy. This is dessert you can sink your teeth into AND feel good about it.
#2: I made a video! You know, like those super awesome little video clips that have taken over your Facebook and, along with videos of cats jumping away from cucumbers and dogs chasing their tails, now make up 90% of your life? Ya, those. I made one! I've put it just above the recipe. 🙂
#3: This is the thing I'm really excited about. It's been killing me to not tell you about this sooner. Doing the so not me thing and squealing in girly excitement. You guys, I just can't help it.
Next week, on September 22nd, I'll be hosting a giveaway and the grand prize is a VITAMIX! For reals. a V. I. T. A. M. I. X. Can you even believe how awesome that is?!
UPDATE: you can enter the contest here!
This is the real deal. The blender of my dreams. I bought mine two years ago and have been in love since. If you don't have one yet, be prepared to fall hard.
Also, be prepared to fall hard for this Healthy Apple Crisp. It tastes like your best apple crisp dreams, but it's made without any flour, dairy, or refined sugars. I promise no one will notice this ‘healthy' version and you'll be sung praise through muffled, dessert-filled mouths.
Canadian Thanksgiving is coming up in October and I wanted to create a dessert to take to a Friendsgiving celebration. Do you do Friendsgiving, too? We used to call it “Orphan Thanksgiving” and anyone without family nearby was welcome to join. Actually, who am I kidding, everyone is always welcome to join. I once invited so many people to a Friendsgiving dinner that I found no less than 8 people sitting on my bed with plates of turkey dinner in hand. Formalities, like having enough chairs for all the guests, is not something that crosses my mind. #NeverGrowingUp
So next week. This giveaway. I can't even stand the wait.
I've teamed up with six other Canadian bloggers to host a virtual Friendsgiving dinner. You should see what these ladies have dreamed up. It'll be a feast.
And the best part? Vitamix will be there, waiting for you to take her home. ?
So this video … you guys, I made a video while I was making this Healthy Apple Crisp for you. I've got A LOT to learn about making videos, but I'm super excited to share this first try with you. Here she is:
If you make this Healthy Apple Crisp with Coconut and Pecans make sure you snap a pic and tag #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x11 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Core and slice the apples, leaving the skin on. Toss with the coconut sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and sea salt. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press the apples down gently.
- Add the pecans, rolled oats, coconut, coconut sugar, and coconut oil (in that order) to your Vitamix dry container. Process on setting 8 for 30 seconds, or until it is combined and crumbly, using the plunger to push the oats down. Pour the crumble over the apples and spread evenly over the top. Sprinkle on a little extra cinnamon over the top, if you'd like.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top starts to brown, the apples are soft and bubbling, and your house smells amazing. Serve the healthy apple crumble on its own, with a splash of coconut cream, or with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Craving healthy desserts? Try these!
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Strawberry Basil Mojito - April 17, 2018
- Classic Broccoli Coleslaw with Lemon Buttermilk Dressing - April 13, 2018
- Super Simple Homemade Coconut Yogurt with Chia Strawberry Jam - April 10, 2018