Strawberry Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Strawberry spinach salad is one salad recipe that you won't be able to stop eating. It's a spinach salad loaded with sweet strawberries, toasted pecans, feta cheese, a little red onion, and dressed in a delicious strawberry vinaigrette.
Complete this summery meal with some juicy grilled pork chops or perfect grilled chicken breast. And if you love fresh fruit in your salad, also try our arugula and fresh cherry salad.
Strawberry spinach salad
This is the salad recipe that everyone loves to eat. It's the ultimate warm-weather veggie side whose bright flavors and sweet berries keep us going all summer long. Even salad skeptics have been caught going back for seconds; it's that good.
The in-season, sun-ripened strawberries are so sweet that it's like putting candy in your salad and they contrast beautifully with the slightly bitter spinach. Then we add some toasted nuts, salty feta, crisp red onion and bring the whole thing together with a simple strawberry vinaigrette. You won't be able to stop eating this one!
How to make a spinach and strawberry salad
Making this spinach and strawberry salad is super simple. Here's what you're going to do:
- Start by making the salad dressing. This is as simple as putting the ingredients into your blender and turning it on.
- Now, add the spinach, pecans, feta cheese, red onion, and strawberry slices.
- Pour some of the dresssing over the top and gently mix so that the spinach is coated lightly in the strawberry vinaigrette.
Full recipe instructions in the recipe card below.
Ingredients in this strawberry spinach salad
Spinach: We like to use baby spinach in this recipe as the leaves are tender.
Strawberries: For the best flavor, you'll want to use the ripest summer strawberries.
Pecans: Look for dry roasted pecans, or toast them yourself in your oven.
Red onions: Slice these thin so they aren't over-powering
Feta cheese: This gives the salad a wonderful, salty note. Goat cheese works well, too.
Black pepper: Freshly ground is always best and adds a slight spiciness to the salad.
Strawberry vinaigrette: We use our own strawberry salad dressing recipe as it goes wonderfully with this spinach salad. As it's hard to blend a small quantity, you'll have more than you'll need for one salad. That's ok as you'll definitely want to make this again very soon!
Variations to try
- Instread of strawberries, try blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, or a combination.
- Walnuts, pistachios, or almonds can be used in place of pecans.
- Try using a mix of arugula and spinach – it's delicious!
- If you have a ripe avocado on hand, dice it and add it to the salad.
What to serve with spinach and strawberry salad
This summery salad deserves to be eaten with tasty grilled meats. Here are a few of our favorite mains that go well with this spinach salad:
- Juicy Grilled Pork Chops
- Best Grilled Chicken Breast
- Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon with Avocado Peach Salsa
Popular salad recipes
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Avocado Grilled Balsamic Chicken Salad
- Broccoli and Kale Salad with Blueberries and Coconut
- Strawberry Goat Cheese Salad
- Best Greek Salad Recipe
Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted, chopped pecans, see notes
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
- black pepper, to serve
Strawberry Spinach Salad Dressing
- ½ cup halved strawberries
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey
- pinch sea salt and pepper
- Put the salad dressing ingredients into a small blender and blend on high until creamy. If you don't have a small blender, double the ingredient amounts so that the dressing blends easily.½ cup halved strawberries, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar, 1 ½ teaspoons honey, pinch sea salt and pepper
- Put the spinach, strawberries, feta cheese, pecans, and red onion into a salad bowl and pour ¼ cup of the dressing over the top. Toss gently to coat then serve with some black pepper over the top.5 ounces baby spinach, 1 pint strawberries, ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, ½ cup toasted, chopped pecans, 2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onion
I want to eat this salad every day of summer! So fresh, slightly sweet and delicious!
I live for strawberry spinach salads! This one is so good with the feta and pecans. YUM!
Looks amazing! It is great for our next BBQ night, thank you!
This is one of my absolute favourite summer salads!