Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms are a super easy to make, healthy, and delicious summer BBQ recipe. They make the perfect side dish recipe or vegan main. Make them paleo + Whole30 with a simple substitute.
The month of grilling recipes continues! 💥
Also, can we keep doing this forever? I'm only a tiny bit joking, my friends. This month has been AWESOME for two reasons:
- Everything cooked on the BBQ tastes better. Everything. If you toss some meat and veggies in a little oil and salt and throw them on the grill, they come off tasting amazing. It's magic.
- THERE ARE VIRTUALLY NO DISHES. Sorry for screaming that at you. It's just that this month we've done so few dishes around here and it's seriously freaking awesome. It's worth yelling about.
These Garlic Butter Mushrooms super delicious but so simple I almost feel embarrassed to call it a recipe. I mean, if a recipe only has five ingredients, is it even a recipe?
I think we should run with it cause these mushrooms are going to rock your summer BBQ world. Their non-meat meatiness (that's a thing, right?) make them perfect for a vegan main dish recipe. But they're also mushrooms, and we all know that mushrooms and steak make the perfect pair. What I'm trying to say is that these guys will see you through any BBQ situation you come across all summer long.
They would also make the best side dish for Father's Day. Steak + garlic butter mushrooms + a big pint of beer = one happy dad. Am I right?
Your Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms game plan:
♡ Cut the mushrooms in half, put them in a bag, pour some balsamic, soy sauce and garlic over the top. Shake the bag, put it down, go pour yourself a glass of wine.
♡ Fire up the grill. Melt some butter and mix some garlic into it. Take a big sip of your wine.
♡ Skewer those mushrooms and put them on the grill. Finish your glass of wine.
♡ Take the mushrooms off the grill and drizzle them with the garlic butter. Pour yourself another glass of wine. You deserve it.
Are you wondering why we drizzled the garlic butter on AFTER we grilled the mushrooms?
When recipe testing, we found out a couple of things about Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms.
- They are so freaking delicious. I know we already covered this, but it's worth saying again.
- The mushrooms are better cut in half rather than sliced. We tried this a few times and each time the sliced mushrooms we're really hard to keep on the skewers. They still tasted amazing, but they were difficult to work with and often broke in half trying to get them on the skewers. Cutting them in half is the way to go.
- The garlic butter needs to go on after they are grilled. We tried marinating them in the garlic butter and basting them before they were grilled, but neither of those methods worked to bring out the garlic butter taste. By drizzling the mushrooms in the butter after they come off the grill, they taste like garlic butter mushrooms. 🙌
If you make these Grilled Garlic Butter Mushrooms make sure you snap a pic and that #theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create!
- Place the mushrooms in a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and half the garlic. Pour over the mushrooms, seal the bag and gently toss the mushrooms so they are coated in the marinade. Set aside on your counter for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan or metal bowl, melt the butter and add the remaining garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Oil and preheat your grill to medium. Skewer the mushrooms on kebab sticks.
- Grill the mushrooms for 5 minutes per side. When you flip them over, it is easiest to use two pairs of tongs. Set the grilled mushrooms on a plate and drizzle the garlic butter over the top. Serve immediately.
More great side dish recipes:
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Blog Income Report – January 2018 - March 15, 2018
- Sticky Guinness Chicken - March 13, 2018
- One Bowl Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Whiskey Frosting - March 9, 2018