Spinach and Eggs with Mushrooms
Spinach and eggs is a very easy to make breakfast or lunch recipe that's surprisingly flavorful and filling. Saute some mushrooms before adding the spinach and letting it wilt. Then fry the egg in the same pan. You'll love this quick and healthy recipe!
Spinach and eggs go great with a buttered slice of no yeast bread with herbs and cheese.
Spinach and eggs
Spinach and eggs is such a simple and healthy recipe that you'll find yourself making it again and again. It's one of those easy meals that, after the first time you make it, you'll probably not have to pop back here to look at the recipe again.
The savory mushrooms add a ton of flavor and help to make this a filling, one-pan meal.
How to cook spinach and eggs
There are three simple steps to making this recipe:
- Saute the mushrooms until they are soft and start to brown.
- Add the spinach to the pan and let it wilt. You may need to work in batches as the raw spinach may not all fit into the pan at once. Don't worry, it shrinks a lot.
- Cook the eggs. Make little holes in spinach and crack an egg into each one. Wait a few minutes for the whites to set, and breakfast is made!
Full instructions in the recipe card below.
Are spinach and eggs healthy?
Yes! This is a very healthy meal. Eggs provide a great source of protein, and spinach is full of vitamins. It's low-carb with only 5.7 grams of net carbs per serving and has only 267 calories with each plateful.
More spinach and egg recipes
More egg breakfast recipes
- Chorizo Tomato and Egg Breakfast Skillet
- Chorizo and White Cheddar Egg Scramble with Cilantro Pesto
- Green Eggs and Ham Shakshuka with Lemon Dill Pesto
- Eggs in Purgatory with Spaghetti Squash
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast Bake
- Egg Sausage Breakfast Muffins
Spinach and Eggs
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, avocado oil works great
- ½ lb mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the spinach to the pan, working in batches if needed, and let it wilt for about 2 minutes. (It doesn't need to be completely wilted as it will continue to cook with the eggs.) Season with salt and pepper.1 tablespoon cooking oil, ½ lb mushrooms, 12 ounces baby spinach, 1 pinch sea salt and pepper
- Reduce the heat to medium. Make 4 holes in the spinach and crack an egg into each hole. Cook the eggs for about 3-4 minutes, or just until the whites are set. If you prefer your egg yolks less runny, cover the pan while cooking. Serve right away.4 large eggs