This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Want some finger lickin' good sticky chicken? This Guinness Chicken has your name on it! Chicken thighs are first seared light brown then cooked in an easy to make sticky sauce made with your favorite Irish beer. It's my newest favorite chicken recipe!
Sticky Guinness Chicken for the win!
Those mega glazed covered chicken thighs are one of the best things ever. Sweet, sticky, and full of our fav Irish beer. St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner and pouring Guinness into just about everything seems like the right thing to do.
Why you need this Sticky Guinness Chicken:
- Sticky sauce is everything.
- Beer. Yes, beer.
- It's a little like Guinness BBQ sauce which is extra awesome because summer is still a ways off and I'm big time craving smoky, delicious, grilled flavored anything.
- Quick and easy dinner calling your name over here! 35 mins, start to finish. With a bunch of hands off time so you can throw some potatoes in a pot and some salad in a bowl.
- Sticky sauce mention #2. You guys, it's just too good not to mention again.
Your Sticky Guinness Chicken Game Plan
1. Boil the Guinness, ketchup, honey, balsamic, Dijon, and garlic until it starts to thicken.
2. Brown the chicken while the sauce is boiling.
3. Pour the sticky Guinness sauce over the chicken and let it bubble away until it is nice and thick and the chicken is cooked.
Do you see how easy that was?
If you can't get enough Guinness recipes, make sure to check out these:
- One Bowl Guinness Chocolate Cake with Irish Whiskey Frosting
- Chocolate Guinness Crock Pot Beef Stew
- Guinness Spiked Irish Chili
And don't forget about these St. Patty's Day recipes!
- Shamrock Sugar Cookies with All-Natural Green Frosting
- Whole Wheat Irish Soda Bread
- Cheesy Irish Cheddar Cauliflower
Sticky chicken recipes:
- Sweet and Sticky Mango Chutney Chicken
- Sticky Thai Peanut Chicken Wings
- Double Happiness Sticky Chinese 5-Spice Chicken
- Sweet and Sticky Pistachio Honey Chicken
- Sticky Harissa Honey Glazed Chicken
- Baked Sesame Orange Chicken
- 1 cup Guinness
- ¼ cup EACH: ketchup and honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Add the Guinness, ketchup, honey, balsamic, dijon, and garlic to a small pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until it starts to thicken.1 cup Guinness, ¼ cup EACH: ketchup and honey, 2 tablespoons balsamic, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 2 cloves garlic
- While the sauce is simmering, start the chicken. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and brown it on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Drain the fat from the pan.1 tablespoon cooking oil, 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Reduce the heat to medium and then pour the slightly thickened Guinness sauce over the chicken and continue to cook the chicken, uncovered, turning it over a few times so the sauce coats both sides, for about 15 minutes, or until the sauce reduces and is thick and sticky.
We have thoroughly tested this recipe for accuracy. However, individual results may vary. See our full recipe disclosure here.