Chili Stuffed Peppers
Chili Stuffed Peppers are a simple and healthy weeknight meal. Bell peppers are stuffed with your favorite chili recipe and baked until soft and delicious. Depending on the chili you choose, these stuffed peppers can be vegan, paleo, or Whole30 approved. Either way, they are always a huge hit at the dinner table!
Healthy eating January is continuing in the most delicious way ever. I'm talking about zero sacrifices, feel like you're indulging kind of healthy eating. The best kind ever.
This is also the most flexible recipe ever. It changes with each new pot of chili you make. Feel like going meatless Monday? Make a vegetarian chili then go one step further and skip the cheese to make it vegan.
Want a Whole30 or paleo dinner recipe? Make a delicious bean-free chili (my fav!), skip the cheese, and you're set.
Just want a damn delicious dinner? Make your fav chili recipe and pile the cheese on high. So easy and so delicious!
Back in my vegetarian days, I used to make stuffed peppers filled with rice. Honestly, they were kind of boring. You know, cause rice is kind of plain and boring. But peppers stuffed with chili are WAY better than the rice peppers I used to make!
With all of its big flavors, chili is the perfect partner for peppers. Plus, the natural sweetness goes perfectly with spicy chili. A match made in heaven, or some cheesy thing like that.
Or not cheesy, if that's the way you're eating tonight.
The first time I made these was doing The Whole30 Program. I made my favorite Easy Paleo Chili Recipe then piled cheese over half the peppers and left the other half naked. The cheesy chili stuffed peppers were for my handsome man while I dug into the Whole30 approved version.
While cheese (obviously!) makes everything better, these are still really awesome without it. Even the no cheese pics look good!
Easy Chili Recipes
- Easy Paleo Chili Recipe
- Easy Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- Black Bean and Corn Chili with Avocado Salsa
- Smoky BBQ Bourbon Crock Pot Chicken Chili
- Vegetarian Chocolate Quinoa Chili
- Chipotle Bourbon Pumpkin Chili
Chili Stuffed Peppers
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- Start by making your choice of chili recipe. If you have leftover chili, this is a great recipe to use it up!1 batch of chili
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully cut the tops off of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes inside. Fill the peppers with the chili, all the way to the top. If you're using the cheese, sprinkle the cheese on top.6 large bell peppers, Optional: ½ cup each: cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Place the chili stuffed peppers in a baking dish and pop them into your oven. Let the peppers roast for about 30 minutes, or until the chili is bubbling and hot and the peppers have softened.