Easy Paleo Chili Recipe
This delicious bean free Easy Paleo Chili Recipe has become our family's go-to one pot dinner. It's full of healthy veggies and so simple to make. It's also 100% Whole30 compliant. You're going to LOVE it!
I love sitting down and digging into a big bowl of hot chili on a cool evening. No matter how cold it is outside, I always end up feeling warmer with chili in my belly.
Until recently, I had never tried a bean-free chili. The first time I heard of such a wild and crazy thing was a couple of years ago from my friend, Paul. He told me he liked to indulge in making a giant pot of meat only chili when his vegan wife Rosemary (hey, girlfriend!) was out of town. I thought he was crazy and that a beanless chili sounded weird. ← Truth!
Fast forward to spring last year, and everything changed. I was halfway through my first round of The Whole30 Program (Have you ever done that? I love it!) and came down with a big chili craving. I figured that a bean-free chili would be better than no chili at all.
What I wasn't expecting is how much I loved it. It's like I had been eating chili wrong all my life. I mean, who needs those silly beans anyway?
This easy paleo chili recipe is the only chili recipe I make now.
And I wasn't kidding at all about the easy part. This really is an easy paleo chili recipe. Even though I have listed all the neatly measured ingredients for you, feel free to eyeball and make substitutions. You really can't mess this one up.
Back in my vegetarian days, I would make this easy vegetarian chili recipe. It was chock full of veggies (and beans!) and I loved it that way. Even though I know that I find myself leaning heavily towards the paleo diet, I still love a hearty chili full of veggies. This easy paleo chili recipe fits the bill.
I loaded it with veggies so it really is a healthy one pot paleo recipe. No need to serve a salad on the side, my friends. This chili is all you need.
If you love this Easy Paleo Chili Recipe as much as I do, don't forget to give it a 5-star rating in the comments below!
Easy Paleo Chili Recipe
If you love this recipe as much as we do, let us know with a 5-star rating!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-3 tablespoons chili powder, I love RawSpiceBar Taco Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ancho chilis, I love both RawSpiceBar Ancho Chilis and their Chili Powder
- 2 lbs. ground meat, see notes
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, about 1 lb., diced
- 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- Optional: 2 tablespoons fish sauce, see notes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it begins to brown, about 5 mins. Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin, ancho chili , and oregano and cook for 1 minute.1 tablespoon oil, 1 large onion, 4 cloves garlic, 1-3 tablespoons chili powder, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 2 teaspoons oregano, 1 teaspoon ancho chilis
- Add the ground meat to the pan and let it cook until it is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers, carrots, celery, sweet potato, crushed tomatoes, and (if using) the fish sauce. Bring the pot to a boil then reduce the heat to medium. Simmer the chili with the lid off for 20, or until all the veggies are tender. Season to taste with sea salt.2 lbs. ground meat, 2 bell peppers, 2 large carrots, 3 stalks celery, 1 medium sweet potato, 2 28-ounce cans crushed tomatoes, Optional: 2 tablespoons fish sauce, Sea salt