I firmly believe that if you are going to eat chicken, it needs to still have its skin on. There should be bones in it too. I just don’t understand the whole boneless, skinless chicken breast thing. That just sounds boring and bland. Food should never be morning or bland.
Too much fat in it you say? Just eat less of it. A little bit of wicked tasting food seems like a better idea than a lot of tasteless food, in my opinion.
You’ll want to lick your fingers after you eat this. You’ll also want to suck every last sweet, delicious morsel from the bones. This sesame ginger chicken can be made spicy if you want it to be (I always want it spicy) or mild if that’s the way you roll. Either way it is a little bit sweet with nutty sesame and fragrant ginger, lots of crispiness on the outside and tender chicken in the middle.
Have I mentioned that it is also:
- Incredibly easy to make
- Perfect for an Asian themed dinner party
- A hit with even the pickiest kids
- Makes the best leftovers
- And, eaten cold, is the perfect picnic fare
- Oh ya, it’s wickedly awesome delicious, too!
- 6 chicken drumsticks or thighs
- Sesame oil
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 heaping teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 heaping teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees
- Dry chicken thoroughly with a clean cloth and place in a medium-sized bowl. Drizzle with sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over chicken and toss so that chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet, skin side up, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is brown and crispy, and the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Get ready to lick your fingers!
Use caution when handling raw poultry. After drying chicken with a clean cloth, make sure it is washed in hot water in your washing machine.
Latest posts by Kristen Stevens (see all)
- Double Happiness Sticky Chinese 5 Spice Chicken - June 24, 2016
- Lightened Up Mexican Corn Dip with Avocado and Jalapeño - June 21, 2016
- Tropical Summer Coconut Oatmeal - June 16, 2016