Want to know the secret to making your mornings awesome? 4 words: healthy :: pumpkin :: coconut :: latte. That's the secret, peeps. I've been on this Bulletproof Coffee kick lately and this latte was inspired by the creamy, delicious coconut and buttery cups of java I've been having every morn.
If you're reaction is anything like mine was when I first heard of putting coconut oil in coffee, I can assure you it is much better than it sounds. If you like cream in your coffee you will love this. With a quick whip in your blender it turns your coffee into the silkiest and creamiest latte, without a drop of dairy. Ya baby!
The pumpkin flavour is there without being overwhelming and – this is going to sound weird, but I think it is awesome – you get to drink your veggies. That's part of the whole healthy part of this latte.
- Coconut oil = super healthy and amazing (I have a feeling it might turn you into a superhero if you have enough)
- Pumpkin = full of insane amounts of vitamin A, vitamin C, fibre and all sorts of other good for you stuff
- Coffee = so tasty and so good at helping you open your eyes in the morning. Just make sure to buy good quality coffee and always make sure that it is shade-grown and fair-trade.
I'm going to apologize to you guys in advance cause I don't normally rant or try to tell you what to do, but …. one of my biggest pet peeves in this universe is coffee makers that use those stupid little pods. You know the ones. Did you know that last year Nespresso sold 28 billion coffee pods? That's 28 billion coffee pods that are now sitting in landfills. It makes me sick to think about it.
If you've already got one of them sitting on your counter will you consider buying reusable pods? Your coffee will be so much tastier and our world will love you so much more.
Ok … I'm done my rant. 🙂
Hope you love this pumpkin coconut latte as much as I do!
If you make this Healthy Pumpkin Coconut Latte, make sure to snap a pic and tag @theendlessmeal on Instagram so I can like and comment on your photos. I love seeing TEM recipes you create.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted if you like
- 1 mug of strong brewed coffee (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Optional: 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Wet the rim of the mug with a little water then sprinkle it with the coconut.
- Place all the ingredients together in a blender (a magic bullet works great for this job!) and blend for 30 seconds. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
Post submitted to Fast and Easy Paleo Recipes link party!